• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help needed: Ability damage based on Hero damage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Basically I want to make an abilitie's damage to be based on the heroes damage, then multiplied.

Is there any way to accomplish this via variables and triggers?

I've tried a few methods with no success, so have decided to ask for some help from the pros.

I know you can make damage based on hero stats, but the only source of increased damage for my map is thru items.

Anyways, if anyone has an idea of how to accomplish this I would appreciate since I'm a semi-new map maker :)

Thanks in advance!

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Its simple but very complicated.
Since in your maps stats dont increase attack that method is out.

So you will need to make a complex system of data storage / recall for units and items, simplest method is using a game cash.

First of all you will need to store each hero's base damage under the heading of I2S('E000') where E000 is the raw data code of the hero.

Do a simlar thing with items and other attack modifiers.

When you cast the spells you can then reconstruct the damage the hero has by getting its base damage then adding each items additonal damage and you will get its damage which all you need to do is multiply.

You can also try other methods like the adding a critical strike method since that multiplyes damage.

Also the experimental method of geting it to attack a unit then multiplying the damage it deals and dealing more damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.