• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Linear Skills, damage based on Stats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I know how to make the damage based on your Stats..... But Im wondering how to make it on linear AoE or running skills? Like Shockwave (Both Linear and running).

Help much appriciated.

Level 5
How? Can I make dummy unit that has a model of missile and runs, and makes it damage all enemies nearby? but would'nt it make the skill obvious?

Level 29
You need to pick points based on the spells speed and damage units there.

So for example, if your spell's speed is 1000 and it covers 1000 range, you should pick every 0.2 seconds units around a point which is calculated by Distance/Speed*Time, so if its the first point, it will be 1000/1000*0.2 = 1/5 = 200, which means you will pick every units at approx 199 range from a point 200 distance from the caster towards the targeted point.

Of course that as the time between picks is smaller, the accuracy gets bigger.

Level 5
You need to pick points based on the spells speed and damage units there.

So for example, if your spell's speed is 1000 and it covers 1000 range, you should pick every 0.2 seconds units around a point which is calculated by Distance/Speed*Time, so if its the first point, it will be 1000/1000*0.2 = 1/5 = 200, which means you will pick every units at approx 199 range from a point 200 distance from the caster towards the targeted point.

Of course that as the time between picks is smaller, the accuracy gets bigger.

Oh I get it, pretty possible w/ GUI.

Gonna try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.