• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Altered Melee] Help me stat a "summon" for expanded melee map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Right, so currently I am toying around with a melee map and I am thinking of adding a 5th hero for Human race.

Model is based off of Garithos and he is called the Field Marshal.

His key skill is that he can convert Footmen into advanced versions of themselves.

At rank 1 I was thinking of using the base stats for the Captain, from the Human Arthas Campaign, but rename him to Drill Sergeant.

His advanced forms are Lieutenant and Captain, however I have no ideea how to stat their damage and health values, while taking into consideration the fact that Blacksmith upgrades will affect these summons.

I was also thinking that instead of stating these advanced units differently I could also give them a promote-type ability.

Sergeants promote Pesants to Militia (permanently), while Lieutenants and Captains promote Footmen to Sergeants.

Is this sort of promote ability bound to snow ball out of control if I give both the Field Marshal and his "summons" promote like abilities?

Should I change this promote ability on the Field Marshal to affect the Barracks instead, with each rank allowing you train more advanced units from the "advanced barracks"?

For reference, I am going to be using the skill Dark Conversion (Fast) from Mal'Ganis as the base for this ability.

His other skills are Howl of Terror, War Machine (a transformation skill which increases damage done to non heroic units by 10%/20%/30% and half as much to heroic units - using Demolish to create this skill) and his ultimate is called Devastator (it is based off of Frost Breath skill and it's a shockwave which leaves a dot on all enemies).

The version of the editor I am using is 1.27.

Level 28
I think you should limit the amount you can have at any time.

For example, 3 Sergeants for every Lieutenant, 2 Lieutenants for every Captain, 1 Captain (so a maximum of 6 Sergeants).
* Alternately, 1 Lt. and 1 Cpt., but they have different abilities (e.g. one has Endurance, the other Devotion).

No limit to the amount of Militia trained, I don't see a large wave of easily-killable cannon fodder as needing to be limited.

For the stats, you could look at the expansion's first Undead mission and look at the militia commanders.

Status
Not open for further replies.