• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help! I got alphas in inappropriate places!!! O.o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I need something to edit the alpha on the textures...

(dunno if is exacly this, but i'll try to explain)

dunno if you noticed but the bottom of all ingame trees looks ripped off. This is not such a big problem if you are using a camera from above, but when you use a third pearson camera, it just looks terrible. Since the models of the trees have just a few a poligons, i concluded that the textures had alphas in inapropriate places, so the trees would look weird in the bottom of them. I need to know how to change the alphas so i can get rid of this "ripped off's" and get nice looking trees.

sorry, my native language is not english, if anyone knows how to speak portuguese i'd gladly explain this better.

So. which software i use? is there another way to get the effect i want?

(srry about the name of the thread, i used to get some attention)

Level 12
dude, it's not the model! o_O have you actually seen the tree's model with no texture? they got no rip offs. and if i load a texture with no alpha, the rip off does'nt appear either. so it's only a texture problem. really, i'm absolute sure of it. o_O

dunno if you noticed but the bottom of all ingame trees looks ripped off. This is not such a big problem if you are using a camera from above, but when you use a third pearson camera, it just looks terrible. Since the models of the trees have just a few a poligons, i concluded that the textures had alphas in inapropriate places, so the trees would look weird in the bottom of them. I need to know how to change the alphas so i can get rid of this "ripped off's" and get nice looking trees.

No, I believe Ikillforyou is right. Most Blizzard models have no polygons at all on the undersides as you would not see them in normal game. Because of this, if you view a tree from the top then it looks fine, from the underside and you see very little tree. Also just because it has polygons on top doesn't mean its got them underneath, the face doesn't always show from the other side depending on what your doing - thus they become like 1 way mirrors, you can see through 1 way as if it wasn't there, you can't the other way. Try checking 2 sided (which is also something to do with textures) in Magos and see if that fixes it for it.

Level 12
dude, that would be extremelly complicated cuz i would need to vertex modify all the trees of the model group. it's better just o change the alpha in the texture!

OgAAABxgkwWD1ACNMdGin7Vw_yjdaP7JpRXUdzHwYRlkImGDQoy3Eehv1PyAjKpoIXo5UDJsv-MGL_XpOd5zGoiYBBsAm1T1UAc2Kbs_qS6tnUif1j5BYFeEBI7j.jpg

Lol, thats a simple error with the tree model thats always there. In normal Wc3 you don't get close enough to the trees to see that - and editing the model won't fix that (well easily). Here's an easier method with less importing:

Select all the trees
Hold Ctrl + Page Down

This will lower the trees as long as you hold Page Down. Page up lifts them - this is how you raise and lower doodads and destructables.

Status
Not open for further replies.