• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help - how do I find the "units matching condition" function?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
It's not a "function". It's a condition (it's even in the name of "units matching condition"), and, as such, in any Action that has a condition part attached to it (given the action pertains to a unit!) it'll be there. It's also an option under just the plain old "Conditions" part of the Trigger.

Now, if you want to do something like: IF "Units match condition", "picked unit matches condition", etc, you want to choose the "if", "if/then/else" or "if/then/else (multiple functions)" from the drop-down menu.

If you meant something else, I'm terribly sorry. =P

Level 4
@ Sabertooth: What I meant was can I find it under, say, Boolean or Integer Conditions? Or something else all together?

@ Bribe: But JASS is so scary... D:

Bribe

Code Moderator
Level 50
I used to think that, too, and then I learned how much easier and more creative it is to work with it and now it's actually GUI that intimidates me, all those nasty colours and dialogs that you have to figure out and work around :O

I actually know more about JASS than I do GUI, and that's an understatement, even though I've only been working with JASS for three months as opposed to 5-6 months with the GUI.

Level 9
Unit Matching Condition can be found in, Real, Unit, Unit-type, Integer, Boolean comparisons.

For the Integer and Real comparisons is the comparison of numbers relating to a unit, for example, facing angle, custom value, bla...bla... and so on and so forth. In the Unit and Unit-type comparisons, it detects or checks who is the unit that triggers an event. Mostly are used are "Triggering unit", "Casting Unit" and more, the only difference of Unit and Unit-type is that Unit-type is broader than Unit. For the Boolean comparison which is the most important, it checks a status of a Unit like if it is Alive, Dead, has a specifice buff, if it is a hero, structure, etc.

Hope you understand!:grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.