• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help - Error with Magos Model Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello to all,

I have recently acquired CD-Keys for both Warcraft 3 games and installed the digital version with battlenet, straight to 1.30.
I tried using Magos' model editor and no matter what I try, it doesn't work.

I downloaded the latest version from the Hive, opened it and when I try to open any war3 mpq files, the following error appears: "Unable to open D:/Program Files/Warcraft III/War3.mpq!"
I tried compatibility, run as an admin, then I tried "Open MPQ Archive" and to my surprise there is absolutely none.
There are no MPQ files in my installed Warcraft 3 folder or in the Docs' folder, no MPQ file whatsoever.
So, can anyone help ? Where are they supposed to be located ? Is this related to the fact that the game was digitally installed ?
The game runs smoothly with no problem whatsoever, played the campaign, cinematics are alright, played online, alright, opened the WE and it's alright.
I've searched all over the place and had no success so far. Any kind of help would be appreciated, thanks.

(I use Windows 10 Professionnal.)
Cheers.

Level 23
The mpq archives have beem (re)moved since patch 1.30 and all software relying on them has been broken (again).
Blizzard has been showing many times, that they don't care about community tools except JH.

Your only chance is acquiring the mpqs some other way and placing them back into the game dir.
Extracting them from the casc archive might work.

Reactions: pyf
Level 1
Yes thank you both for the answers ! I had just resign myself into installing an old version.

I had found a Warcraft 3 1.27b Complete version. But not on shareable websites I imagine ^^"

Anyone thank you for the support, I'm new here so is there a solved flag or delete request I should do ?

Level 23

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Why are you linking the archive though? Is the original in trouble of being taken down?
Well, you never know...
:wink:

I have the feeling it is better that way, at least for the time being.

I personally would like the legacy full standalone digital download versions of the Classic games, to make a comeback someday on Blizzard's servers one way or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.