• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Help! Couldn't find answer anywhere...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello.

I am new at skinning and mapmaking, but anyways.

If I get it right, I use the warcraft3viewer to get the blp files and convert them etc.

Now, when I am done changing that file.

How do I put it on the "mdx" file? I mean, admit I change a blademaster. I color him differently etc. Now what do I do?

Do I have to go in the warcraft3 map editor?

All the tutorials I found show how to change the blp file... What do I do next?

If this question is answered somewhere else, please give me a link or something, I am desesparate and lost.

Thanks.

Level 1
...Ugh.

How do I put my new skin in my map then? This is very complicated.

Are the blp files like, a wallpaper on the ''model''?

If so, where can I put my blp file onto a model?

Level 1
I have never tried map making before.

I ain't a w3 newb, I have been top6 solo azeroth on energyfang in patch 1.14.

I try to make a map for a project and inspire myself from tides of blood. I come on here and have to downlaod maybe 5 programs and learn tons of things.

I need to read about 5 tutorials too, hidden in many sections and not always stickied.

I'm sorry I haven't tried it before, I'm sorry I didn't see the import tutorial.

Eitherways... Again, I haven't found my question anywhere else:

I downlaod a skin model whatever. I import him.

How do I put him in the map now? When I check in my units library he doesn't appear. So I though I'd have to put another hero and put the "skin" on him, but I have no idea how to. Help?

I did restart the editor, too.

Level 18
*locked*

this has been asked 100000000 times and awnsered 1000000000000000000000000 times.

this is the skin section, not the help me import somthing section.

import model or skin change path.
make sure model or skin is not in the wc3 folder.
model: object editor change model art to imported model.
skin gos automatic over the path you placed it.

Oh and I could give a flying puck about what you wasted your time on to me the melee and ladder of wc3 is dull and lame so your rank whatever is nothing to the modding population.

Status
Not open for further replies.