• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Help] Complex Anim Transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Haio all! well, im editing a model, again, and i want to transfer anims from the VoidWalker's Skeleton to Lich's Skeleton.
I know i need to rename some bones, the problems is that the Lich skeleton is a bit confusing because all the bones are named "MeshXX" and so.
So, i need to know what bones i need to change and what name i need to give they.
+Rep for those who can help, Thanks! :D

1º Look at the data trees and compare them. You could also try opening the model with MdlVis and look at bones directly.

2º it works the same for helpers or bones. Just make sure that the names match EXACTLY.

for instance, "Bone_Root" and "Bone_Root" match exactly, but "Bone_Root" and "bone_root" don't match exactly. The parser is case sensitive.

Level 16
Ok, i will see if i can do something with that info! :D
But: What is MdlVis? :O

EDIT: Well, i renamed a lot of bones to match the VoidWalker Skeleton, when i transfer the Attack Anim, its works, but the arms doesnt moves. D`:
Why the hell this is so difficult!? T-T

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.