• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Crossbow [solved?] Model Editor Anim Bug?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hello I want to make more crossbowmen. I noob and I use anim transfer program to transfer animations of the footman crossbowman from here to the rifleman model.

Most animations work but not the crossbow. What I want to try is to get the rifleman using the crossbow so that you can see the arrow fly (dissapear) and the crossbow-string move.

How would I do that? What would I need to transfer and what to use? I poked around in mdlvis and see there are extra bones on the crossbow part hmmm...

Can anyone help please :3 ?

Level 12
Okay too bored to wait for a response I had to figure it out myself D:
Unfortunately for me I had to learn to animate the whole crossbow part myself which was a major pain in the rear... I hope I find a quicker way when the inevitable dwarven crossbow comes up ughhh...

Now I have smaller issue... In Model Editor the new animations I added look choppy and weird at least towards the end. E.g. on attack the arrow in the crossbow doesn't even slide neatly into the crossbow and just sorta gets stuck in mid-air. The exact same file when opened in MdlVis plays it properly... I tested in-game and thankfully in-game it works like it shows in MdlVis. What's going on with my Model Editor? Should I just restart my computer?

And another question... on the death animation the decayed corpse seems to fall down way too deep into the ground so that only the fat of the rifleman's pot-belly is seen briefly. Any way I can select all the bones and move them up? It looks like in MdlVis that I can't actually move them or do anything if I have multiselect on... Do I really have to select every single one one-by-way and alter their Z value? Arghghgh so much work for these small details!
:ogre_rage: :ogre_rage: :ogre_rage: :ogre_rage: :ogre_rage: :ogre_rage: :ogre_rage:

Status
Not open for further replies.