• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Help] Anti-Mage blink faded problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
[SOLVED] Anti-Mage blink faded problem

hello there guys..i have a problem about my anti-mage 2nd skill blink transparent (faded)..when i use the skill..my magina wont faded out..u can see at the picture below..anyone can help plss..i mean did i accidentally delete some file or else?plss help.. T_________T

p/s: sorry if i posted at the wrong section.

AM.png

sorry for all the trouble i made for u guys (Adiktuz & ForeverBeDragon) ..my laptop were the cause of this problem..u guys may wanna tell the moderator to close this thread..thank you soo much for both of u..such a helpful person u guys are..may god bless u guys.. ^^

Last edited:
Level 2
its been 4 days since i open up this thread..yet no one cares to help..i just want to know what is the path for the blink effect of AM 2nd skills.. T_T

It was because you are using the DotA 2 model... It seems like it doesn't support the fading...

that would be the possible cause, unless you actually modified the DotA map and screwed up the blink trigger...

seriously, if you guys wanna play with all the DotA 2 goodness, just play DotA 2 instead of using the ripped models or the WarDotA 2 mpq mod or the DotA 1.5 mod...

and some notes: put that pic inside a hidden tag, and don't bold all your text...

and oh,

its been 4 days since i open up this thread..yet no one cares to help..i just want to know what is the path for the blink effect of AM 2nd skills.. T_T

You're one impatient dude... Do you know there are threads here opened for months without responses???

And this one has much less possibility of being answered by those normally checking the requests section, why? because only people who play DotA can understand your problem... and its also on the wrong forum...

Level 2
@Adiktuz:
strange sir..coz even tough i'm using the old model of AM..the fadding still doesn't happen..and i couldn't find any folder named 'triggers' on my map folder..and also my war3patch.mpq folder..

There's no trigger folder on the MAP folder... IT IS INSIDE THE MAP ITSELF assuming you can open it normally on the WE... else the triggers will be compiled inside a .j file inside the map mpq...

Are you using the latest DotA map?

If ur using WarDota2 or other custom DotA map, then it could have triggered the problem...

If it was just using the models using the local files method, there shouldn't be any problem...

Level 2
@Adiktuz:
yes sir..i'm using the latest dota map...sory for troubling u again sir..and thanks for answering a lot of question from me.. ^^

Level 2
@Adiktuz:
i'm just use the UI and terrain from the wardota 2..and as for the hero model..i just paste it into my warcraft III directory and make it as local files...that's why i'm wondering what is the cause of it..i never touch the map files...before i'm suing wardota 2 UI and terrain..my AM (default model) also wont faded out if i'm using warcraft III default files..i don't know why sir..

Level 2
Can you send me the model file(s)? I'll check if it's supported to fade out or not.
Poor UI...
i already attach it sir..u can take a look at it plsss..

Adiktuz said:
Its not on the model since he said that even the default AM model doesn't fade...
yes sir..the default model doesn't faded.. T_T

Attachments

• Units.rar
    1.5 MB · Views: 44
this...
Adiktuz said:
then maybe try reinstalling wc3 first

and make sure you always have a backup of the original wc3 files especially the .mpq files whenever you try to use direct mods...

since with version 1.26 you can safely copy-paste your wc3, you could do a double installation then use the mods on only one of the installations, that way you'll always have a back-up of the original wc3, and you can also easily switch between the original and modded version without replacing files...

Level 2
i don't know where to start..but this is kinda nuts..i think this only occur on my laptop..i already shared this war-dota 2 of mine to my friends..and they didn't have any problem with the faded effect...gosh..i need to upgrade my laptop :goblin_wtf:

Adiktuz said:
this...
Adiktuz said:
then maybe try reinstalling wc3 first
and make sure you always have a backup of the original wc3 files especially the .mpq files whenever you try to use direct mods...

since with version 1.26 you can safely copy-paste your wc3, you could do a double installation then use the mods on only one of the installations, that way you'll always have a back-up of the original wc3, and you can also easily switch between the original and modded version without replacing files...

and oh, you might wanna take a look at your graphic settings make sure it is set to high...

Level 2
@Adiktuz:
all setting were set to the highest one for my war3..but still nothing changes..maybe the problem came from my laptop itself xD

Level 4
Open this map with your Warcraft 3. I made a fade effect at the second second.
Tell if you are able to see it or not.

lol, I don't know the reason why it is a w3m map.:goblin_jawdrop:

Attachments

• asdasdd.w3m
    11.9 KB · Views: 34
Since you still haven't said anything about it after I already quoted it a few times... I'm gonna ask, have you tried to reinstall your warcraftIII?

and how old is that laptop? I don't think the fading of wc3 needs a new laptop especially if you're able to use those models without lag on your laptop... considering that fading is a default function of the wc3 engine...

wc3 would run on really old comps without problems because the game itself was made for those old comps (since its old anyways)... The only reason it will need a higher end computer is if the graphic quality of imported objects requires it or if the amount of scripts running and data requires more RAM than what you have...

Level 2
Open this map with your Warcraft 3. I made a fade effect at the second second.
Tell if you are able to see it or not.

lol, I don't know the reason why it is a w3m map.:goblin_jawdrop:

the 2nd skill?already tried..but nothing happens sir :vw_wtf:

Since you still haven't said anything about it after I already quoted it a few times... I'm gonna ask, have you tried to reinstall your warcraftIII?

and how old is that laptop? I don't think the fading of wc3 needs a new laptop especially if you're able to use those models without lag on your laptop... considering that fading is a default function of the wc3 engine...

wc3 would run on really old comps without problems because the game itself was made for those old comps (since its old anyways)... The only reason it will need a higher end computer is if the graphic quality of imported objects requires it or if the amount of scripts running and data requires more RAM than what you have...

sir..i already re-install warcraft 3 many times..but still it doesn't change anything..my laptop is ASPIRE 4540..or is it related to my graphic card problem?

Level 2
how old? that GPU is far good enough for wc3... maybe your ram or anything else interferes...
its been 1 year sir..i'm planning to format my laptop after i finish my study..maybe this can be the solution for all of these trouble :ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 2
it doesn't on your war3, or your laptop.
on my laptop sir.. :vw_sad:

sorry for all the trouble i made for u guys (Adiktuz & ForeverBeDragon) ..my laptop were the cause of this problem..u guys may wanna tell the moderator to close this thread..thank you soo much for both of u..such a helpful person u guys are..may god bless u guys.. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.