• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help again please...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
How do I make a trigger that sets the amount of gold the player gets when he kills a certain monster?

Thanks! :)

Level 2
I want a trigger that gives the owner of the tower that kills the creep a specific amount of gold.

If you know a good site that explains all of this to newbs that would be helpfull. :)

Level 13
Your Trigger

Events
<<Unit - Player-owned unit event>>
Unit - A unit owned by Neutral Hostile Dies

Conditions
<<Player Comparison>>
(Owner of (Killing unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
<<Unit-Type Comparison>>
(Unit-type of (Killing unit)) Equal to [HereYourTower]

Actions
<<Player - Add Property>>
Player - Add 15 to Player 1 (Red) Current gold

The <<text>>-descriptions should show you which event, condition or action you select in the list.

This trigger only refers to Player 1 and one type of tower, so you have to create a trigger for every player. You can build a trigger that is working for every player, but I don't know if you would understand that trigger.

Level 2
Thanks a lot!

Another problem I stumbled upon is hwo to make countdown clocks.

I have been looking around at tutorials but I haven't found it yet.

Level 3
Try This:

Events
<<Unit - Player-owned unit event>>
Unit - A unit owned by Neutral Hostile Dies

Conditions
<<Unit-Type Comparison>>
(Unit-type of (Killing unit)) Equal to [HereYourTower]

Actions
<<Player - Add Property>>
Player - Add 15 gold to (Owner of (killing unit)) Current gold

Level 3
I don't understand... Was that sarcasm or were you actually meaning what you said? lol

Level 13
At first you have to create a timer-variable for your timer. I named it Timer in the example. Then you create a trigger like this one:

TimerTrigger

Events
<<Any event that you want, concerning to what
your're the trigger using for. But don't use "Map Initialization", it won't work.>>

Conditions
<<concerning to the use of the trigger>>

Actions
<<Countdown-Timer - Start Timer>>
Countdown Timer - Start Timer as a Repeating timer that will expire in 60.00 seconds

<<Countdown Timer - Create timer window>>
Countdown Timer - Create a timer window for Timer with title [HereYourTimerName]

<<Countdown Timer - Show/Hide Timer For Player>>
Countdown Timer - Show (Last created timer window) for Player 1 (Red)

This creates/starts a timer that repeats every 60 secs and shows it to player1. If you want every player to see it, use

<<Player Group - Pick Every Player in Player Group And Do Action>>

Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Countdown Timer - Show (Last created timer window) for (Picked Player))

Level 2
I am totaly confused, I can't find anywhere that connects this timer to activate the release of my first round of creeps in my TD map.

Level 13
Aaah, that's what you want. Wait a moment.

OK, at first you create a trigger like the one above (edited it, look it up again). Then you create another trigger:

WaveAttack

Events
<<Timer - Timer expires>>
Time - Timer expires

Conditions

Actions
<<Trigger - Run (checking conditions)>>
Trigger - Run [YourWaveSpawnTrigger] (checking conditions)

Now you have a trigger that spawns new units every 60 secs.

Level 3
Oh, sorry DarkShadow, didn't see the post about that =p I am, after all, on 44k Dial-Up. Glad I could help, Adrian5. Good luck with your map.

Level 2
Thanks, but after the last unit is killed in the first wave I want the timer to start again for the second wave. Will this do that?

Level 3
At the end of the trigger that releases the first wave units, have it run the next wave's release trigger. Do the same for each wave.

Level 2
For some reason the time window wont show up and the time commands aren't being done.

I unchecked the box the says "initially on" for the timmer triggers.

I also have the lines that say show last created timer window to player1 and I repeated that line for Player 2 also.

Level 2
Ok the timer works fine the problem was that we never put when to activate so when I added to activate it within 5 secs of the game it worked!! Now I'm stuck trying to figure out how to have the whole map revealed! lol

Level 3
I'll have to look into this, but here's a solution, if you can complete the circle. You need to add all the units created in the wave to a unit group, then use an action (if, then, else) that, if all the units in the unit group (specified by a variable) are dead, the next wave will begin.

Level 13
At first, you have to create a new variable:

Variable Name (e.g.): UnitGroupVariable
Variable Type: Unit Group (group)

Then you have to add following action to your UnitSpawn-Trigger:

Actions
<<Unit Group - Pick Every Unit in Unit Group And Do Action>>
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by [HereTheAttackingWavePlayer]) and do (Unit Group - Add (Picked unit) to UnitGroupVariable)

Now, your next wave trigger should have this event:

Events
<<Unit - Player-Owned Unit Event>>
Unit - A unit owned by [HereTheAttackingWavePlayer] Dies

Condition
<<Boolean Comparison -> Unit Group - Units Of Unit Group Are Dead>>
(All units of UnitGroupVariable are dead) Equal to True

Status
Not open for further replies.