• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hello, well idk how to name this thread lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I joined hiveworkshop because along with playing Stargate Resistance (pretty good TPS game) and Age of Empires 1 and 2, I've wanted to toy with the WC3 world editor to create a custom game based on the Stargate SG1 theme. Since here I found the orbital tile and cliff to be somewhat useful for creating my scenario of an invasion of the SGC (I would prefer a more modern military look that would suit what the place really looks like, but I'm making a spinoff concerning the abuse of a time travel device to create an alternate future event or something whacky). So far my map design has gone fairly well, but I've hit a stump concerning character modeling. Obviously with a more medieval game like Warcraft, there are no default sci-fi models besides certain...popular blizz culture stuff that really doesn't suit the theme. At the moment I'm looking into creating custom models to suit my theme, but I guess it could be said that I lack the technical know-how to bring my imagination to fruition. I see all this about this program and that file type and it gives me a headache:eekani:

If it's not asking too much, I would like to know where I could find a more...simple breakdown of the whole process. I'm sorry if I'm asking for things to be dumbed down too much, but while my imagination's limitless, as I said, my technical know-how is a different story.

Status
Not open for further replies.