• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Might as well wave hello

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Good evening, comrades.

I'm afraid that, as far as Warcraft editing goes, I'm relatively new to the scene. I've toyed with the editor off and on, but until recently I haven't gotten particularly serious with it at all. I'm slowly relearning how to work with GUI, and when I get the time I'll likely take on JASS as well. I can do skinning, and I have the capacity to model although I've yet to produce anything in that area.

I'm no stranger to modding, however, and for those of you who know Morrowind or PlaneShift, my name might be a bit more familiar to you. Heck, just have a look below in my sig, you'll get a pretty fair idea of what I do.

• Set bKieveGreeting = True
  • Trigger - Turn Off Greeting <gen>

Level 32
Welcome to The Hive Workshop!

/me waves to Kieve

The Hive includes many talented Warcraft III modders of all skill levels among its users. New members (especially friendly ones) are always welcome. Take a look around and enjoy your stay, may it be long and productive!

Some good places to start include:Searching the site using the above link always helps, you can learn a lot that way: just reading and learning is usually the best place to start, especially if one feels overwhelmed.

Likewise, the tutorials can really teach ALL of us a thing or two.

The chat room is cool: lots of people can answer questions there.
  • A few other tips that might help too:
    • Always search first! Did I already mention THAT? :grin:
    • When creating a new thread, make the title VERY specific: so the site's search engine (and we users) can easily understand just what the thread contains.
    • Post your new threads in the proper forum: read the descriptions of each one so that you know what to post there.
    • If all else fails, just send me a private message! I'll try to do whatever I can to help.

Level 2
Heh, thanks for the replies.

By the way, anyone know who moderates the tutorial-submission section (and still reads a post on GUI?) Been hoping to have this looked at, but so far it's barely gotten a sniff. I know it needs some work, I just wish someone would clue me in on what to fix and how.
Also, since I did put some actual effort in to making the attached demo playable - if anyone wants to throw some feedback at me on that via PM, e-mail, or forum post, feel free.

Can't learn & grow if I don't get feedback, now can I? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.