• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Heart of Darkness :

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
  • Angry
Reactions: bounty hunter2
My first map, i will add more heroes soon i just wanted to make the map available for testing already so please give me feedback. Credits to Jigrael for his Deadeye model.

Choose a hero, vanquish powerfull entities, recover lost artefacts and conquer the Cathedral in the Crusade's name.
A hack and slash RPG game.

Keywords:
Heart, darkness, cathedral, crusade, RPG, undead, zombie,necromancer
Contents

Heart of Darkness : (Map)

Reviews
16:37, 8th Apr 2009 by bounty hunter2: Seriously don't post your first work in the map section it will never get approved. Use our Map Development Forum. See post #5, Rejected.

M

16:37, 8th Apr 2009 by bounty hunter2:
Seriously don't post your first work in the map section it will never get approved. Use our Map Development Forum. See post #5, Rejected.

Level 14
Here is my Review:

Review

Packaging: 1/5 Comment: Really bad description. Contains no indication of what futures this map presents.
Terrain: 4/5 Comment: Really good job on the terrain.
Original: 5/5: I dont believe I have ever seen a map quite like this one.
Triggering: 2/5 Comment: Lack of successful triggers.
Custom Material: 1/5 Comment: only 1 custom material. Since this is a singleplayer map i expected more.
Fun factor: 3/5 Comment: Few varieties of things to do. Can still improve though.

Overall comment: Another good map that picks up at some places but fails at other.

Suggestions:

*Use some custom icons.
*Fix the trigger leaks. Download Leak Check At the tools section
*When you want to buy a item you have to run all the way back, add merchants at each checkpoint.
*More Items will make your map more attractive.
*Improve the description. Use This guys map desciption as a good example.
*Bug: This may be your intention but the priest follows me around and heals me :D.

Final Rating

A really good first map mate. Keep updating. I vote this map for Approval and i rate 2.66/5{Useful}

Level 2
I only played with the Archer so far,but I can tell ya that this map looks more Warchaser-like then RPG-like.

there is something terribly wrong with your archer:her main atribute is agility,but it's the LOWEST of them,with intelligence being the highest,and strength the second highest,you should fix that.

your tooltips are too vague.you only tell what the ability does,and doesn't tell the player how much damage that skill does,what's the cooldown,the damage increase with each level...you know,the basic information about the skill.

add side-quests,more items,more classes,take a look at other RPGs maps for ideas,try to use custom and/or triggered spells,etc.this map is your first map,and it's early alpha,so I won't be too harsh.given these two conditions,it's a nice map.

voted 3/5,because it's a pretty good first map,and can improve a lot

Level 31
I rate this resource by 1/5 and I suggest it for Rejection because of it's poor quality.

1. Description at THW is lacking.
2. Map Description also needs to be improved.
3. Hero Vault's trainable heroes has no Hot-Keys notice.
4. Heroes at Hero Vault has randomly set button positions. (X; Y)
5. Why every hero has 3 stocks? If you can use only one?
6. Hero abilities misses it's Hot-Keys notice.
7. Hero abilities also misses right set of button positions. (X; Y)
8. Objectives do not exist.
9. Hero abilities' tolltips needs to be improved, as Learn Tooltip. You should list all levels with it's stats.
10. Why you use BTN icons type files to non-active abilities? You must use PAS type icons.
11. Some of units has wrong Selection Scale rates. Make it fit to the size of the unit.
12. Terrian and enviroment art is lacking. Why you use Dalaran / Cityscape doodads to Dalaran Ruins? Also there are spots that badly requires for dodads because of it's absolutely out of stock.

I suggest you to use EpicWar site instead or use forums to get feedback for your first works.