• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Healing Immolation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello, I've been trying to make the immolation spell heals instead. I've converted the damage numbers to negative but after some healing it doesn't heal friendly units, is there a way to do it via triggers?

Damage Detection System isn't necessary. This spell should work like most triggered spells with a loop portion.
When the caster begins Immolation, run the periodic loop trigger, that for every X seconds of game time, picks all (friendly) units in an AoE around the Immolation caster and raises each one's HP.

Otherwise, you can add an Unholy Aura/Life Regeneration Aura ability to the caster when it begins Immolation, then remove it when the caster deactivates Immolation.

If you're looking for a quick and painless way to make triggered spells, visit Bribe's GUI Spell System.

Level 9
Did you change the target stats from enemy to friendly?
This.

If you are still finding a way to trigger it, then it's easy. You just need to setup a skill that can be turned on and off (immolation itself for example). Execute the trigger when the ability is turned on.
The trigger can have a repeating timer (preferred) or a periodic game event. Their difference is that the repeating timer is exact in dealing DPS, periodic isn't really exact AT THE STARTING time you activated it.
The just pick units around a range of the unit who has immolation then deal damage (or restore HP) to the picked unit.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Damage Detection System isn't necessary. This spell should work like most triggered spells with a loop portion.
When the caster begins Immolation, run the periodic loop trigger, that for every X seconds of game time, picks all (friendly) units in an AoE around the Immolation caster and raises each one's HP.

Otherwise, you can add an Unholy Aura/Life Regeneration Aura ability to the caster when it begins Immolation, then remove it when the caster deactivates Immolation.

If you're looking for a quick and painless way to make triggered spells, visit Bribe's GUI Spell System.
I was dead certain immolation only did damage when attacked.
I guess I need to replay wc3 campaigns.

Should be like this:
- Spell: Immolation
- On effect trigger: Pick all nearby friendly units and do the first healing instance, set loop duration = 1.00s (or any interval you'd like)
- On loop trigger: Every 1.00s check if the caster still has Immolation (caster) buff (to determine whether the caster still has Immolation activated), if so, pick all nearby friendly units and heal them, if not, end the loop and the spell.

Level 2

Thanks for the attention, I am going to take a look at the GUI Spell System that you have mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.