• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Headless Knight

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
a cool footman without a head and captain armor,i also used a particle emiter 2 to make a cool ghost aura,srry i'm not really sure it's possible for it to have a portrait since it's head is gone,so hence if you want to make my knight have a portrait ask me for permission and if your reputation is high i'll approve of editing,just be sure to give me creds for use and editing
creds to Fabioz for his modeling tutorial.

Also, creds to Friends Amar, Whitewolf, and Misha for tips and motivation.

It now uses a custom texture, and were I to know how to, I'd give him back his head. Oh well, here's a custom description:

On a floating Island high above that of Dalaran, lay the mystical city of Altaria, mysterious elves and humans lay there. Skilled in melee combat, and magic. In the battle of Dalaran, the most skilled were sent to prevent the Demons from arriving, they linger still. Unable to truly pass away due to their magical prowess, some teach Soon to be Heroes, others lose their minds and persona and attack any unfortunate. They bear the crest of Old Altaria, a house of fire ensconced in wings of light. It is unfortunate that few retain their old personas, for they lived during the Altarian days where they're knowledge of the arcane was far greater then the most skilled Kirin Tor mage. And all records were burnt by Possessed Altarians...

EDIT: changed the picture, it isn't the ghost itself, but it gives a good look at the skin itself's body.

Keywords:
Knight,Horror,Undead
Contents

Headless Knight (Model)

Reviews
15:55, 14th Apr 2011 anarchianbedlam: You need to upload a picture with it (preferably an ingame screenshot. Not enough changes to the original blizzard model anyway, you just removed the head, additived the mesh and put a particle emitter...

M

15:55, 14th Apr 2011
anarchianbedlam: You need to upload a picture with it (preferably an ingame screenshot. Not enough changes to the original blizzard model anyway, you just removed the head, additived the mesh and put a particle emitter clusterfuck on his feet.

Edit by Kwaliti:
Nothing has been changed apart from a poorly done texture.

Edit 2:
Still no visible changes.

Level 15
Thanks for the idea Infrenus, Also, a thing to note is for some reason the bottom of his sword is the texture for the back of his helm. Hence the weird reason why it's the only silver part of his body, And I uploaded a texture which removes some gaps, and grants him a better insignia. I'll work on a better Altaria Crest later, though I will improve the shield, and add a better crest to his shield (not saying the original wasn't good, but I want to add a special feel to mine). It can be used to Overwrite the captain texture too.

I think this is pretty cool. You shouldn't have to change his weapon and shield, or make him look like a different unit. The whole point is for him to be the ghost of a footman, or something like that.

But there are still ways to improve it. You could do some work on animations to make him look more like a ghost. You could also create a bloody neck. If you don't feel like making a neck, you could still add a 2-d plane of meat to fill in the gap.

I give it a 2/5 for now. If you add the blood/meat/neck/something to show that he used to have a head, and it was cut off/ I will raise the rating to a 3/5. If you make changes to animations to make them look more drifty, I might even give it a 4/5, depending on how they turn out.

Hrmmm, thank you Giantspider and TlI-Inferno for the ideas, but I have no idea how to make a Portrait and I'm not sure Daz 3d can edit War3 models. I suppose I could ask Eubz to do the changes, but that would be Lazy.

you can create a rudimentary portrait if you just view your model in war3 model editor, at an angle and zoom you like, go to camera manager, right click and "create a camera from current view", name the camera and save.
a note though, ingame it kind-of zooms lill out of what you see in model editor

EDIT: that way it might play all stand anims on random