• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

HeadCrab

HeadCrab
by JB_McKnight

CLASSIC HEADCRAB

Hey guys!

This is my HeadCrab Model. So far, of all the models I've made with GMAX, this one's the most successful one when it comes to animation, since almost all the times I've animated with GMAX ends up with STRETCHED and WEIRD animations.

This is the classic HeadCrab version. Yes, I also made the Poison and Fast HeadCrab Variations, go look for them. :)

I'm extremely glad to say that I also included it's ATTACHMENT FORM as the Model's Portrait File.

Textures:
HeadCrab.blp

I made the entire model, including it's animations, and as well as the texture.

I don't have anything to ask in return other than to Give credits when used and to ask for my permission before editing(NOT AFTER). :)

Update:
>Deathsound has been added
>Decay Flesh and Decay Bone animations added
>Hand+Left Attachment fixed
>Added Stand Medium and Large Animations to the attachment form of the unit to fit the some of the other War3 models

Keywords:
half-life hl headcrab head crab zombie headhumper brain alien headhugger
Contents

HeadCrab (Model)

HeadCrab (Model)

Reviews
Misha 29th Apr 2013 Moderator's Review: okay, it needs a death sound, decay animation, and one attachment point is 'unnamed'.. fix that. and also, that hint from Fingolfin could be taken into consideration all works nicely, approved

M

88b8c096c14d2181b2e61de7191420f7_67524.png
separator.gif
Misha
separator.gif
29th Apr 2013
Moderator's Review: okay, it needs a death sound, decay animation, and one attachment point is 'unnamed'.. fix that. and also, that hint from Fingolfin could be taken into consideration
all works nicely, approved

Level 16
Just a hint for when you're making units which are also attachments - if you make an animation for them with the name "stand large", in which they are animated such as the attachment, you can use the same model for both purpouses. Just add the "large" animation tag in the object editor to the unit you want to attach it to.

That's an awesome suggestion! :D :thumbs_up:
I tried it but, I had complications because I still have difficulty rotating objects with the model editor's animation editing. That's why I had to make a different model especially for an attachment form so I could mold the HeadCrab's body to make it "Hug" the head.
But it's still an awesome suggestion though, I'll try mastering my animation skills more before I could start on combining the two models.

Level 16
Aaaaaaand.....

Childhood trauma restored x_X

HAHA! Yeah you and me both, This merciless little creature used to be one of my greatest fears as a child too. I always made sure to walk around the house with my Crowbar(was actually just a ruler with a curved end) :D.

I could still remember when I first played Half-Life I was like:
:spell_breaker: I think I need to put on more armor