• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Headcrabs and Zombies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I just finished Half Life 2 Ep 2 a few days ago, and today I saw a model of the Hopper Mines in the models section, so I thought 'Hey, it'd be cool to make some Halflife models for Wc3' And so I did the headcrab, since the guys are so adorable and/or scary. The headcrab is based off the felboar model, and the headcrab zombie is based off the zombie model (duh). I think I'll make a Fast Zombie with the ghoul model next, then maybe a Combine trooper, or model something from scratch like the Strider or a Vortiguant.

I know the skin is pretty blurry, I can't skin well, but I think it turned out kinda good.

Attachments

• headcrabzombie.gif
    headcrabzombie.gif
    52.2 KB · Views: 2,317
Level 11
Well, they use the Blizzard generic Zombie animations. The crab uses the Felboar critter's anims, but since he scurries around and hops its alright I thought. I know the skin is pretty terrible, but I went for a burnt and rotting look for the clothes. And then a huge pile of red on top...

Status
Not open for further replies.