• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Having your custom map "signed" like Blizzard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Hello everyone.

I am not sure if everyone knows the fact about signing a map, but this is what Blizzard always do with theirs. It gives their map a custom icon that they are the authors and gives them a kind of "check seal" for Battle.net.

At the moment I am searching for a way to get maps signed.
The Nirvana mod found a way to do it so: http://www.moddb.com/mods/warcraft-iii-nirvana.
I've been asking some people about it but they weren't sure about how to do it.

If anyone around here knows the solution, please share it.
I will do an attempt for boosting the modding part of Warcraft III if I can get maps signed.

Thanks in advance.

-- Please keep this topic clean.

Level 19
Hmm..

Notice: If you've ever made some custom map for Nirvana, no matter it's standard melee map or alter-melee map or even rpg map.

WE CAN SIGN IT FOR YOU!

For further contact, pls send me a PM or email to this address: [email protected]

I'll look at it though

e/ im not installing that mod lol

if u cant get them to tell you how to sign but get you a signed map with some random logo than i can find out how to sign it

Level 16
Allow me to apologize first if this isn't clean but I do notice a line that says "We can sign it for you." in the Nirvana mod's page. Since you don't explicitly mention asking the mod's creator himself about this, did you do so yet?

edit
Well seems like my reply overlapped with the previous two. I honestly didn't intend to. Anyway I will still stick to my original post.

Level 19
As Statharas suggested this to me before, I will.
But I honestly doubt they will help me on it. I hope they do.

The line says If you've ever made some custom map for Nirvana and that is what concerns me.
I also want to sign maps by myself so I can do it whenever needed.

Level 19
As Statharas suggested this to me before, I will.
But I honestly doubt they will help me on it. I hope they do.

The line says If you've ever made some custom map for Nirvana and that is what concerns me.
I also want to sign maps by myself so I can do it whenever needed.

Oh. In that case, its probably embedded into the Nirvana loader

Level 19
I mailed him.

The thing is, if I can sign maps it means I can set up a ladder system for custom maps through a battle.net way.
If it turns out well, it may revive a part of Warcraft III modding.

Take for example Kitabatake's Blades 'n Gore II mod. It only requires a few changes and it can be come a perfect ladder map.

Though, it will require more work then just that..

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Official WarCraft III maps are signed using a strong signature after the MPQ archive. This signature is an arbitrary size but always contains...
4 ASCII characters spelling "NGIS"
arbitrary size of encrypted data, at least 256 bytes in size.

The encryption is RSA and Blizzard generally uses 2048 bit long keys. The source says...
The Warcraft 3 Map key is used for Warcraft 3 map signatures;
No idea what that key is though, probably it can be found somewhere.

When decrypted, you get the following data (or should get if the signature is valid)...
single byte of 0x0B
235 bytes of 0xBB
20 bytes of SHA-1 digest, computed from the all bytes that make up the file but not the signature (map header + MPQ archive).
X bytes of whatever, WC3 maps should contain the map file name in uppercase.

I am guessing that the signature might be used to declare if a map is official or not with additional flags or things.

Normal WorldEdit maps do not produce this strong signature, instead I think they only produce a weak signature or no signature at all.

Additionally, official WC3 maps use file CRCs stored in an attributes file. WorldEdit does not produce attribute fields and certainly does not produce file CRCs. These CRCs are per file CRC32s that are computed from the compressed version of the file (not sure how, maybe taking the file offset as the start and running until file offset + compressed file size?).

You may require both for a map to pass.

The problem you may find is with RAS being a private public algorithm. Blizzard owns the private key which they use to "decrypt" the un-encrypted data thus producing something that can be "encrypted" using the known public key (that WC3 uses) to access the un-encrypted data again.

This is why people cannot fake their maps to appear from Blizzard, they do not know the required private key Blizzard is using.

The guy you reference got around this, I am guessing, by modifying Warcraft III to use his own public key (with special map image) as well as the standard Blizzard public key and icon. Since he owns the private key, the can produce the strong signatures. This is also why he needs the maps to be sent to him, to prevent the private key becoming common knowledge.

Level 19
GhostWolf did the game.dll change.

He removed the "flag" so custom maps can now be used in ladder!
I'll be working on this and see what I can get out of it.
Stay tuned!

Special hanks to GhostWolf, DSG and Magtheridon96 for wasting their time on me.
fucking brilliant people.

Status
Not open for further replies.