• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Hashtable Leaks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
In a TD I'm trying to set a large number of units to a hashtable each wave.
How do I remove all the units from the Hashtable between Waves so it doesn't leak each wave?

Clear child hashtable wants a specific value, which that unit is only saved to that hashtable so I don't know how to get that value.

If I use Clear Parent hashtable it seems to delete the hashtable entirely and I can't use it anymore.

What I used is,
  • Hashtable - Save Handle OfNo unit as SendsLimit[(Integer A)] of (Integer A) in SpawnsUnits[1]
I don't know if that would work to clear the leaks

Level 7
if it's integer do this: call RemoveSavedInteger(udg_SpawnsUnits[1], bj_forLoopAIndex, udg_SendsLimit[bj_forLoopAIndex])
if it's a handle do this: call RemoveSavedHandle(udg_SpawnsUnits[1], bj_forLoopAIndex, udg_SendsLimit[bj_forLoopAIndex])
but you need to store your integer loop tho. Or else, since hashtables have 2 keys (child and parent), if you store each wave number corresponding to wave number, like: Save wave1monster as integer A of wavenumber. Then you can clear hashtables using their wave number.

Level 2
Thanks man, sorry for the late response I've been busy.

I have it set up so players send the wave units to other players. So the Parent is the player, [(Integer A)] and the child is each unit he sends SendsLimit[(Integer A)].
I clear the Hashtable completely after each wave.

Works great no late game lag thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.