• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Has anyone tried to use StarCraft Ghost assets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Last year, an alpha build of StarCraft Ghost was leaked. There's a good collection of textures and models.​
The textures are in dds format, but they have a similar 'look' to War3's textures, so they could probably be made to look good in the game.​
The models are in a format called '.nod' (C&C reference maybe?). They don't load in Magos' Model Editor (not that I expected them to).​
Just curious if anyone's ever tried playing around with the assets in this build.​

Firebat.jpg
GeneralWarfield_Head.jpg
HighTemplar.jpg
hydralisk.jpg
NovaFace04.jpg
NovaHead.jpg
NovaNew.jpg
NovaReduxFinal.jpg
SCVdriver.jpg
zergling.jpg

Level 29
It was made with NOD Engine from Nihilistic Software.
I found the SDK docs with file format specs and everything (it would seem?) at Index of /nodsdk/Docs
And also someone who reverse engineered some of it, I think without the SDK docs above Starcraft Ghost .nod models - XeNTaX
Is there interest in these models? :peasant-thinking:
I don't know too much about WoW models, but I believe this format looks like an early version of what M2 became.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.