• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

HaradrimArcher

Finally i could finish this model!! The original one was started 1 or 2 years ago, but never finished. You can see the original in my albums. This is the archer version of the Haradrim from Lord of the Rings. If this one gets approved, I'll make a sword-version and a rider too. The turban is directly exported from WoW, but it uses an ingame skin. Feel free to use it in any way!

EDIT 1: Thanks to -Grendel about telling me about a little assigning mistake on the pelvis area. Thanks to him, i could fix it. I didn't noticed it that much. Also, added geoset anims to the rest of the body. It now disappears properly after the Decay_Flesh anim.

******Little change in my plans******
I'll make the other version as well, regardless if this one gets approved or not. I'll also make a few different portraits, so that there's more difference among them.

EDIT 2: made a custom icon for it! :wink:

EDIT 3: fixed the minor vertex-assignment problems, which were pointed out at the first moderation. It performs a bit better now, although they weren't that noticeable ingames. But anyways, it's better to live without them. :wink:

EDIT 4: Changed the pants into black cloth ones. I watched once again the movie (it was running yesterday on TV), so i noticed that most of the Haradrim had dark pants (either purple, black or red), so i came to the conclusion that it would fit more to make them black cloth pants rather than the so-far brown leather pants.

EDIT 5: just applied the "new optimization method" at all Haradrim models i made. Filesize has been reduced and quality slightly more increased. :wink:

Keywords:
Haradrim archer, Saracenian, Saracenian archer, Human archer, archer, LOTR, Lord of the Rings
Contents

HaradrimArcher (Model)

HaradrimArcher (Model)

Reviews
Frankster : Nice model edit and quite good line-up with the concept. Works in-game and performs well. Approved.

M

Moderation: 14:18, Friday 25th May 2012
Frankster :
Nice model edit and quite good line-up with the concept.
Works in-game and performs well.
Approved.

Level 49
the pelvic area is not rigged properly, they disconnect during animations. some parts of the mesh distort really bad during animations. apart from those problems the mesh looks good and i really like the head.

Looks well made
Thank you, dear neffew :wink: well i invested a lot of time and work in it. I'm glad you like it. I'm trying to make some good models again, like the Morray in the rocj cave. :wink:

the pelvic area is not rigged properly, they disconnect during animations. some parts of the mesh distort really bad during animations. apart from those problems the mesh looks good and i really like the head.
area of pelvis you say? Will check it out. I had made alreay a lot of corrections at the upper chest & shoulder part. :vw_sad:

the shoulder pads and the gloves are bugging me... anyway, pretty neat model...
i know which parts you mean, but with that has to be lived with....trust me, i tried tons of different things to fix that, but it didn't apply better, in fact it was worse, so i left it as is now. I checked it ingames, it's not very easy to see. You can only view it from a very close frontal view :vw_sad:

I'm found an arabian swordsman months ago on the net and looks nice. In your profile I will show it if you want. Oh and I found also an old mumikal model which is good just needs only fix anims with it.
mine is going to use ingame skins, it will have tusk weapons, a mahud, a basket (the thing on its back) where you can put infantry as attachments and some protection on the feet. I'll try to make some warpaintings too :wink: but the problem is, that there's no perfect ingame skin for those. :vw_sad:

Level 5
mine is going to use ingame skins, it will have tusk weapons, a mahud, a basket (the thing on its back) where you can put infantry as attachments and some protection on the feet. I'll try to make some warpaintings too :wink: but the problem is, that there's no perfect ingame skin for those. :vw_sad:

Sounds good the model describe. Am here is a swordsman what about I said, but you'll make a good haradrim warrior so it will be useful as easterling and I attached the swordsman model also if som1 wants to use it :grin:

Attachments

• haradrim.jpg
    haradrim.jpg
    700.3 KB · Views: 1,293
  • EasternFootman.rar
    113.6 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Sounds good the model describe. Am here is a swordsman what about I said, but you'll make a good haradrim warrior so it will be useful as easterling :grin:
Oh Christ, this was the mumakil i was talking about, pretty poor in quality. I don't mean to insult it's modeller, but it just aint good. My haradrim will use all the same portrait (if this one is approved!) :wink: and my mumakil will use ingame skins + a mahud. No, easterlings were the Soldiers of Rhun. Will try to make them too, as well as the corsairs of Umbar. :grin: The Hive's dearest Uncle just loves making LOTR models. ^^

I hope you keep making them! :D

From what I can see, the model looks pretty cool, can't wait to get my hands on melee units that fit this model.

the Haradrim models I'm planning to make are:
  • a Haradrim swordsman (wielding a skimitar & shield)
  • a Haradrim Spearthrower
  • a Haradrim Pikeman (if possible, must find proper anims & skeleton)
  • a Haradrim Rider (with spear)
  • a Haradrim Horse Archer (same story as Pikeman)
  • maybe a Haradrim Camel Rider
  • Haradrim banner carriers (foot and mounted as well)
  • maybe a Haradrim Assassin
  • and ofc, the Mumakil (including animated Mahud, etc.; have seen a few of ''them'' around, but they're either slightly different or low quality)

I'll further try to make a watchtower and some other buildings fitting to them. If they all get approved, I'll put them together as a pack! :wink:

EDIT: started making a pikeman. This is the first version of him: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/191965-albums3588-picture57706.html

Last edited:
Level 2
Keep working on these models, i will probably put them in my map. 4/5! Just fix animations and model build.