• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Happy Mother's Day! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Happy%2BMothers%2BDay%2B2016%2BMessages%2BQuotes%2BPoems%2BWishes%2BSMS.jpg

Happy Mother's Day

"You are the first person I think of every morning.
You are the last person I think of before sleep.
Your prayers and blessings are the sole reason for my existence.
Thank you, mom for taking care of me in the best ways possible."

The official Mother’s Day holiday arose in the 1900s as a result of the efforts of Anna Jarvis, daughter of Ann Reeves Jarvis. Following her mother’s 1905 death, Anna Jarvis conceived of Mother’s Day as a way of honoring the sacrifices mothers made for their children. After gaining financial backing from a Philadelphia department store owner named John Wanamaker, in May 1908 she organized the first official Mother’s Day celebration at a Methodist church in Grafton, West Virginia. That same day also saw thousands of people attend a Mother’s Day event at one of Wanamaker’s retail stores in Philadelphia.

So are there any ways to celebrate with my mom?

Yes, here are some great ways:

1.A Day Together

Set aside all other plans and treat the mother in your life as a queen for the day. Turn the day into a one day adventure to someplace special. Grab the whole family and head to a favorite park, lake or ocean. Spending the time together (preferably outdoors) is what really counts, so have a picnic, go for a bike ride, take a hike, or do some gardening together.

2.Generations Unite

Gather all the grandparents, great grandparents, aunts and uncles and other ‘mom’ family members together for a joint celebration. If the weather is nice a barbeque is the perfect venue.

3.Simple Celebration

Making a Mother’s Day celebration memorable and unique doesn’t have to be complicated or expensive. It could be as simple as heading to your favorite local ice cream shop and sharing an ice cream sundae (this would be top choice in our house!).

4.Give your Mom the Day Off

This could be the best gift of all. Encourage everyone to pitch in and let the moms in your life sit back and relax. They deserve it! Have the family prepare dinner (go for something simple and pre-packaged like Tyson’s chicken) and serve Mom on her special day.

So what are you waiting for? Go and give your mom everything she deserves today!

I will always love you no matter what, Happy Mother's day mom...

Love,
Rexy...

Level 6
Wanna hear a joke?

Ur mom

Wanna know who makes you happy?

Ur mom

Wanna hear the greatest word?

Ur mom

Wanna know who truly loves you?

Ur mom

Wanna know who helps you when your down?

Ur mom

Wanna know who is the best to be gifted with this May?

Ur mom

Wanna know who must be credited for your awesome life?

UR MOM.

Roland

R

Roland

I'm crying as fuck right now after I read this thread..

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Overrated.
If you give your mom something for mother's day it wont mean shit, because it's almost expected of you.

Give her the same the same thing 2 weeks later and holy shit, it's so much more special.

Not to mention being nice to your mom one day of the year is silly. Every day should be mother's day to be fair.

Last edited:

pyf

pyf

Level 32
I highly suspect you are not a mother. :grin:

On this day, I celebrated both Mother's Day and my father's birthday.
=> not overrated for me.

Like anybody else, I try to be nice to my family, neighbors and friends everyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.