• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hanging Bridge

I came across the idea making such a bridge for Warcraft 3 while playing Far Cry. The ones in Far Cry were mostly of ''newer stuff''. I wanted one that could be used in any age, reaching from ancient to modern. It features an old bridge, like the ones found in Stranglethorn Vale (WoW). This is btw another one of my contributions to the Doodad Makers. Have fun with it!

EDIT 1: made a few minor edits (made the ropes and tusks unselectable)! Works properly ingames, i tested it! Yes, units are walking across it in the proper way.

Keywords:
bridge, hanging bridge, jungle bridge, adventure bridge, Stranglethorn bridge,
Contents

Hanging Bridge (Model)

Reviews
Frankster : Nice and creative model. Works in-game and performs well. Approved.

M

Moderation: 8:24, Saturday 4th February 2012
Frankster :
Nice and creative model.
Works in-game and performs well.
Approved.

This is a great bridge but, wouldn't it need a custom tga file to work properly? Or does it work with another brides pathing?
it uses ingame skins if you mean that. No need to import custom skins. It doesn't realy need a custom path, i think. I just imported it, opened in doodads editor a normal bridge, renamed it and changed the model file it used to this one.

Level 21
wow_stranglethorn-jungle-1024x.jpg

You mean this, and what tileset do you think will work well with Stranglethorn Vale in Warcraft III?

wow_stranglethorn-jungle-1024x.jpg

You mean this, and what tileset do you think will work well with Stranglethorn Vale in Warcraft III?
yes, exactly

Great bridge!

@Warlord, maybe mix of Ashenvale and Sunken Ruins?
hm, i think sunken ruins alone would enough. Or if you want to mix them, sunken ruins and barrens maybe.