• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hammmer of the Naaru

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 49
Some WIP's of my latest model - a Hammer of the Naaru.

Keep in mind there is no texture yet.

DraeneiHammer_WIP_01.png

DraeneiHammer_WIP_02.png

DraeneiHammer_WIP_03.png

With wireframe:

DraeneiHammer_WIP_04.png

Level 49
Well, I plan to use in-game texture, and I doubt there are such textures in-game.

Anyhow, a little update - I have finished the wrap on the crystals and made the hammer crystal levitate up and down in the animation. I'm not sure what texture I should use for the main shaft and everything else than the crystal, though - I'm fully open for suggestions.

Attachments

• DraeneiHammer_WIP_06.png
    DraeneiHammer_WIP_06.png
    19.5 KB · Views: 98
Level 31
Wrapping in Milkshape is easy. For using ingame textures, export the textures with magos and save as bmp then use it as a material, assign it to your groups and select the faces you want to texture. Now press ctrl+t for opening the texture manager (or whatever it's called) now you can scale rotate move the vertices to the right place until everything is textured.

Status
Not open for further replies.