• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Halo reach vs Halo 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Game play is better in Halo reach. So reach.

Level 14
what no, halo 4 sucked ass, story made no sense, bad guys made no sense, multiplayer was all about the br and other weapons like br. compared to halo 3, halo 4 and reach sucked ass.

I wasn't drawn to the Halo series for its story though, never have been.

I've been drawn to it for three main reasons:

- Atmospherics
- Soundtrack
- Gameplay

Halo 4 excelled at those, far more than previous games (except arguably Halo 3: ODST)

Level 9
fuck halo 4

no. halo 4 sucked

- Atmospher
- ok maybe.... that's a tough call
- Soundtrack - one song, one song was good the rest were meh, nothing special. I don't remember or want to download any of the rest.
(the one song was: 117)

- Gameplay
- like i said earlier game play is all about battle rifle and battle rifle like weapons, halo 4 had more guns but halo 3 had more options.

reach was a good game, you cud tell with the amount of polish put into it. but it was a bad halo game. it's hard to explain, but take this analogy: imagine dawn of war got really popular (by that i mean like millions of players), and blizzard decides to design starcraft 2: legacy of the void with squad systems and strategic points. though no doubt sc2: lotv wud still be technically well-made (in terms of story, polish, additional features, audiovisual etc), adding squads essentially makes it not starcraft any more. this is essentially why reach was hated by the community, it tried to copy call of duty and added stupid mechanics like weapon bloom that ruined the integrity of the series' core mechanics. i, however, like reach. i believe it was so very near to becoming the perfect halo game, and had bungie omitted a few features (looking at armour lock for instance) it wud probably be everyone's favourite halo.

reach pretty much crippled halo in 2011-2012, in terms of community reception at least. heaps of players quit, heaps more took out their rage on the forums and made those sites a living hell. i am in the deep minority in thinking reach was one of the best halo games. by the time halo 4 announced, it looked to be a savior for the halo community. and boy were we fucking wrong..... it did not fix a single thing reach added, and somehow managed to make it worse. for example, reach added optional sprint and very limited loadouts. halo 4 made sprint default (non-optional) and expanded the loadout system to incorporate primaries, secondaries, and perks. worst of all, halo 4 removed the descoping feature, which knocked a player out of scope when shot. this completely broke long-range gunfights. halo 4 killed halo. it is much worse than reach.

i imagine u guys will not understand my perspective and probably neither realise nor care about the extensive changes made from halos 1-3 to reach/4. just imagine playing a game you like, only to found out it killed itself by imitating rival games whilst alienating its once loyal fanbase.
- imagine cod with regenerating energy shields.
- imagine starcraft with squads and heroes
- imagine yugioh cards requiring mana to play like in mtg
- now imagine these changes NOT being able to even be turned off in custom games!
from the outside, something like controlling squads in sc2 sounds awesome. but to a long time fan, it completely strips starcraft of its unique identity. this is why halo 4 objectively sucks.
for further evidence, take a look at this chart to see halo 4's nosedive in online activity

now onto why i think halo 4 subjectively sucks;
- short, confusing lackluster campaign with anticlimactic ending, poor supporting characters and poor gameplay innovation
- terrible character design, audiovisuals i felt were a downgrade from reach, absolute horseshit user interface, sub-par music
- imbalanced additions, like spawning with active camo and boltshots, or plasma pistols + plasma grenades in big team battle
- the mere presence of shit like loadouts segregates previous halo players, as i've explained before
- poor extra features. did you guys know fileshare wasn't functional until MONTHS after release? did you also know there were no red X marks upon death (a feature from halo 2-reach) until more months after release? did you know there is no campaign scoring or theater, unlike in reach and halo 3?

Level 14
no. halo 4 sucked

- Atmospher
- ok maybe.... that's a tough call
- Soundtrack - one song, one song was good the rest were meh, nothing special. I don't remember or want to download any of the rest.
(the one song was: 117)

- Gameplay
- like i said earlier game play is all about battle rifle and battle rifle like weapons, halo 4 had more guns but halo 3 had more options.

It's just, being a musician myself I appreciate soundtracks and atmosphere more than the average gamer. Complex and varied gameplay isn't something I look for in a first person shooter because it isn't a complex genre (don't lie, it really isn't, at the end of the day, it's still a virtual person shooting a gun or using a melee weapon)

If I want complex and varied gameplay, I play sandbox or rpg games. Where you either make your own gameplay or have so many things to do you never get bored. The only thing that draws me to more simple types of games are the atmosphere and music, which Halo 4 pulled off beautifully, along with having simple, straight to the point gameplay.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Wasn't the topic about reach vs 4, I thought reach had more simple, straight to the point gameplay?

Atmosphere yea I guess it's halo atmosphere, dunno how Bungie could've done that...

Level 15
Actually, 343 focused on story, and try to make it "more realistic" and "modern" and like Bungie who want keep its "classical" and "not too realistic" and "fun" and so I prefer the one which created by Bungie.

Well I will make preview:
Halo 4:
-epic story, they want make the character alive. And create the movie? As I said, they want make a cool story
-more weapons, but keeping its way
Halo Reach:
-I think it made for fun, why? Because it's different than another Halo
- mor fun, it's so fun, since the first assassination is in here.
-not focus on story, why? Look at the armor, it way more complicated than halo CE. Halo reach is before halo ce, got it?

Actually things got crazy here. I think I'm drunk, not real drunk, just like drunk
Okay, will sleep now

Adding more, if you want a game looks like halo, you should wait for Destiny, which created by Bungie, the Halo Creator. I bet it will be awesome

Add more:
I think we can wait for halo 5. Why? Do you know about 343 and Bungie? I think 343 need more time to learn original Halo aspect. I will say, original is better. Just like people said "the feel will be different of you play warcraft 4, comparing with wc3, it will ruin your child hood" and I will just say lol

Status
Not open for further replies.