• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Halo: Elite Model Edit!!! +REP for help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh.
I didn't really think I needed it because:
I didn't know the author, because no one had credited him in a map
It wasn't that good a model, its practically 2D
I'm using it for personal uses, not uploading
I checked the download page AFTER you mentioned the author, and it didn't say if people weren't allowed to edit it.

So don't think I'm an asshole! But thanks, I will PM him, if not, I will ask a mod to delete this thread.

Level 31
Oh.
I didn't really think I needed it because:
I didn't know the author, because no one had credited him in a map
It wasn't that good a model, its practically 2D
I'm using it for personal uses, not uploading
I checked the download page AFTER you mentioned the author, and it didn't say if people weren't allowed to edit it.

So don't think I'm an asshole! But thanks, I will PM him, if not, I will ask a mod to delete this thread.

Yes.
Doesn't matter, still need to ask him.

You always ask to modifiy some one's work first, no exceptions. Some are nice enough to say right off the bat you can mod it, but if they don'ts ay so, you ask.

Yes.

I'm not saying I won't ask him, in fact, I sent Supa- a PM right after Dan Van Ohluss warned me, I'm just saying why I didn't ask him before I posted this thread.

Level 31
I think that rule is stupid, IMO.

You upload it to the internet to a free using website. People don't put locks on their work. And if he is doing it for personal reasons and not to upload then wtf is the problem?

Respect, u not has it.

We model makers, and infact we resource makers, put up our stuff for people to use freely yes, and we like it when you do use it. Makes us all warm and fuzzy on the inside. We aren't to keep when some one takes our stuff and edits it without permission. You could say it's like plagarism.

Ah well, forsakener, it's the modeller's choice, not the downloaders. I don't think you'd get into real trouble if you edited without a permission, maybe just like a ban from this site from its admins, because 'internet police'(there aren't even them) don't go looking at gaming websites, and to be honest, people like you, Cavman and me take Warcraft too seriously(come on, its just a game, I realise it, but I'm still addicted).

Level 23
But it's still people's hard work to create ressources and definetellaly stealing if someone edits ressources without permission of the creator. If you do not like this rule, do not except the ressources to be made. Noone creates ressources only for other people to modify them and get fame or whatever for creators' hard work!

Status
Not open for further replies.