• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hall of Fame Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
This list is the rules you have to follow if you want to go to the HoF of WH40k TD.

You must be:
Playing the newest version of WH40k TD.

Using the newest version of WC3.

Play on Impossible.

You are not allowed to:
Kick players / computers in order to get their gold.
Block the monsters way of move.
-Blocking any of the entrances to grays spot is also disallowed.

Use Single-player cheats. (greedisgood, warpten, whosyourdaddy etc..)

Play with any names that has admin powers except if you are an admin.

Exploit bugs or bug-overpowered units (I mean units which are VERY much better than they should be, not just normal unbalanced units)

FAQ

Q: Is it allowed to open more spots in order to get their gold?
A: Yes, opening and closing spots is allowed.

(more will come)

Many of these rules should be followed. Some people are only breaking them a bit and that will be discussed if it's passed to the HoF or not, by the management.

Thanks,

Mastif

M

Mastif

The best unit I found for the beginning in impossible is jetbike with eldar. But you can only effort one of them and that isnt near enough

Level 1
Ahh, the impossible difficulty.

I have two rules I would like clarified when beating impossible:

1) "You are not allowed to play with computers as players and then kick them in order to get gold."

It is exceedingly difficult to find 9 players that act concertedly and follow a set strategy/build, and for all intents and purposes impossible in a public game.

Where would kicking 8 computer players for their gold in the beginning stand as "impossible cheating" if you kept all of their spawns on (to simulate 9 very concerted players defending the middle, only with one race initially, no bonus gold from gray, only 1/9 the bonus gold for each level, and no free lumber for gray at level 15)? I feel that this rule was put into place to prevent one player from starting off with over 500 gold instead of his or her standard 60 or 90 to deal with round one's creeps. How does it stand if they now have 700% more creeps to deal with (and this includes all levels, including the killer air levels where you really need to be creative to build up enough defense).

2) "You are not allowed to block any of the entrances to gray's spot."

At this time I am finding it necessary to purposefully sabotage my spiral to allow four enterances, instead of its natural single.

Where would a maze stand that inadvertedly blocks three enterances to gray's territory with regards to "impossible cheating," vs. the build I believe this rule was created for, which puts up three lines of towers specifically for the purpose of blocking three enterances? I believe intention is the key to this rule, but that is up for the map creator(s) and admin to decide.

I love the map, and appreciate your time in clarifying these rules. Thanks

Flowers_of_Evil

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Flowers_of_Evil";p="5356 said:
2) "You are not allowed to block any of the entrances to gray's spot."
You are right. But I will do something to make the spot for gray bigger and improve it in the new version.
Flowers_of_Evil";p="5356 said:
1) "You are not allowed to play with computers as players and then kick them in order to get gold."
I am going to change this rule

Level 9
just make sure to say that its only if you wanna be in the hall of fame.
wouldent wanna discourage people to play by enforcing a bunch of rules on em.

Status
Not open for further replies.