• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Half Life Mod4Fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
Well I decioded to try my hand at creating a half life 2 deathmatch multiplayer mod for something fun to do. Other members in my other guild (The Remnant as a guild, Remnant Gamers as our community on the web) have decided to help contribute so it will have a good number of maps and hopefully some fun modifications once it is done. I know that some of you must play half life 2 around here on (looks at Shados) sooo if you would like to comment, contribute to the mod, recieve the mod when its in beta or completed, help me out in some way by providing models, skins, knowledge etc then let me know. Just thought I'd let you all know what i'm doing on the side now aside from school XD

Level 36
:p It's pretty fun and plus with halflife 2 you create a completely seperate game that is launched from the steam menu, rather then just creating a mod that you apply to all of your maps tha changes the gamplay when you host it. its not really a long process and a mod can be made in a couple of minutes, a good mod in a couple hours, an excellent mod in a few days and garrys mod in a few years :D its the actual maps that take the longest to make because the are really the filler of the mod. map making is fun though and not that complicated to learn, so I enjoy it.

Level 36
Well, I definetly recommend playing through the single player completely before trying your hand at multiplayer because it improves your skills drastically (found this out first hand hehe) but if you want you can still pick up halflife 2 deathmatch and go for it. From there, counterstrike is 25 dollars, halflife 2 deathmatch is 10 and Garry's Mod is absolutely free for now until Garry's Mod 10 comes out, which will cost 10 bucks.

Level 21
From there, counterstrike is 25 dollars, halflife 2 deathmatch is 10 and Garry's Mod is absolutely free for now until Garry's Mod 10 comes out, which will cost 10 bucks.

just so you knwo, if you own a copy of hl2 you get css for free. im not sure about hl2 deathmatch but i have it in my menu and i never brought it. also now css is only $19 which is about £10 which is not much. look in you steam games list for a download on css. if you need any tips playing i can help :)

Level 18
just so you knwo, if you own a copy of hl2 you get css for free.

No, you don't. Ralle was talking to me because he wanted to buy HL2/CS:S etc and I thought CS:S came free with HL2 but it doesn't. They don't even have the old HL2/CS:S/HL:S pack anymore. HL2:DM is free though, and gmod 9 will always be a free demo.

Yea C++ and Lua are the codes used for halflife2
No, only C++ is used for HL2. Garry implemented Lua use for gmod, and only gmod.

Level 18
well i spent £20 on hl2 and when i installed it i saw css and hl2dm in my games list and i installed them both. i onyl ever brought hl2 nothing else. £20 is like $27.

edit: yeh i just looked at my game case and it was the hl2 game of the year addition with all those games

http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/734642/Half_Life_2_Game_Of_The_Year/Product.html

Yeah I got something like that, bought HL2 and got HL:DM and CS:S for the price of one game (About $80 AUD).

Status
Not open for further replies.