• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] Haldan's Dream

HOW DO YOU PREFER THE UNIT CUSTOMIZATION SYSTEM?

• 1) Each unit can independently equip items such as Weapon, Armor, and Accessories.

• 2) Each unit has an independent unique Tech Tree to build and improve their Stats and Skills.

• 3) All of the above. Each unit has a Tech Tree and an inventory to equip some items.

• 4) None of the above. The units has static stats and can only be increased by leveling up.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
There are no feedback u.u
It is hard to give feedback when you are just showing battle scenes from the RPG (unless there is nothing else except battles).

Video #3 is in my opinion an example of a bad decision in terms of map making: prioritising special affects/ superficial features (in that video it is the spell that is casted at 18 second mark) instead of substantial gameplay. If you look at other maps/rpgs, you might find that many of the successful ones (at least on hive-workshop) don't rely on surface features in order to attract audiences--- the gameplay itself (or if it is a rpg, maybe also the story) provide a fun experience for players.

Im glad you like it. But i need more people interesting on this
Also, saying you "need more people interested" is exactly why that controversy happened last year--- The one where people accused you of just making this thread for purposes other than actually trying to make the map.

[Role Playing Game] - Haldan's Dream

Try to make the map for yourself--- That will be a more sustainable motivation when compared with other people's support.

Last edited:
Level 7
It is hard to give feedback when you are just showing battle scenes from the RPG (unless there is nothing else except battles).

Video #3 is in my opinion an example of a bad decision in terms of map making: prioritising special affects/ superficial features (in that video it is the spell that is casted at 18 second mark) instead of substantial gameplay. If you look at other maps/rpgs, you might find that many of the successful ones (at least on hive-workshop) don't rely on surface features in order to attract audiences--- the gameplay itself (or if it is a rpg, maybe also the story) provide a fun experience for players.

Also, saying you "need more people interested" is exactly why that controversy happened last year--- The one where people accused you of just making this thread for purposes other than actually trying to make the map.

[Role Playing Game] - Haldan's Dream

Try to make the map for yourself--- That will be a more sustainable motivation when compared with other people's support.

Principal idea is to make a different game style from others that are just classic. I thought that people will like those effects, having in mind that is a combat turn gameplay.

Level 23
Principal idea is to make a different game style from others that are just classic. I thought that people will like those effects, having in mind that is a combat turn gameplay.
I am not saying to not include those effects, but that the priority should be to make the game playable, and then for future updates those extra features can be added (just my opinion, I might be wrong).

Level 11
upload_2019-6-14_19-43-51.png

Level 7
Come on @ArchDuke give the guy a break, he clearly made something good, maybe it wasnt playable back then but I doubted this is all just for attention, sooner or later hell release a demo of some sorts and it will be a great addition to this site, I find his project visually stunning, hopefully we will all get to play his project soon

Level 7
I got a demo playable, it includes mpq with effects you must got. If i upload those, you can test it?

Level 11
@Zepher

@Raydin was right about you when he said this:

@DingoT I just think Zepher is one of those people who would stick up for someone if he felt they were being put down, it has nothing to do with the reason or how excessive it is,

I'm not saying sticking up for somebody is a bad thing, but you guys seem to have a reason and you're just having fun, not some excessive derogation of the persons character

You'll just stick up for anybody, you just wanna be a hero, protect the "abused," even when they deserve it, you stuck up for San, do you think people like San will stick up for you? they'll leave you hanging, this isnt about revenge or me trying to demean somebody, this is more like exposing the person's deeds so that 1) he'll stop and 2) nobody else will do the same because they see that there will be consequences to their actions.

Im starting to lose all respect I had for you, <flaming removed by @Ralle>

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 7
Listen he clearly has a playable demo and I'm not trying to be the hero here. I was merely saying your statement might lack validity, no need for insults and person attacks

Level 11
Lack Validity? that wasn't even my own post the picture of which I pasted, you can read the original here: [Role Playing Game] - Haldan's Dream

I think that's all the proof anybody would need, this guy has done this over and over since about 2013

THATS 6 YEARS, THAT'S RIGHT 6 FUCKING YEARS

Level 23
Keep in mind, when I made my comment linking the previous controversy, I was criticising Rasler's comments in this thread "needing more followers".

There is nothing wrong with him making a thread here for a project that might not ever be released---

this is more like exposing the person's deeds so that 1) he'll stop and 2) nobody else will do the same because they see that there will be consequences to their actions.
There is something wrong if you think that someone should be punished for continuing his map development thread even though there is a low sign of completion, even if you believe he is "leading people on".

Also @Blake8 was right
There is something wrong with quoting a picture where not only Rasler is accused of being a "bullshitter", but the picture itself is made by a person who did the exact same thing here as Rasler ( But no-one accused Blake of creating extremely long threads about Tales of Silvertria despite an indication that it will never be completed ).

Im starting to lose all respect I had for you, <flaming removed>
That language is definitely not acceptable on this forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 11
Rasler never intended to release much, he's always looking for followers for support, as far as Blake goes he had a demo mission, lots of uncompleted missions, literally over 100 custom spells and even a world map, he was working on a project but then had to go off to college, it was never for followers or fame. There was never an indication that it was never going to be released, I just think he bit off way more than he could chew. As far as the language, this just pissed me off.

Level 23
Rasler never intended to release much, he's always looking for followers for support, as far as Blake goes he had a demo mission, lots of uncompleted missions, literally over 100 custom spells and even a world map, he was working on a project but then had to go off to college, it was never for followers or fame. There was never an indication that it was never going to be released, I just think he bit off way more than he could chew. As far as the language, this just pissed me off.
I guess we disagree on what should be allowed in the map development forum. For me, as long as it a project is not obviously a joke (like that guy who would copy paste character descriptions from Curse of the Forsaken/Turnro/Arkain), it should be allowed, even if the author himself/herself doesn't even think it will be completed.

Rasler in my opinion made a serious mistake by committing too much to superfluous aspects of the project, when the priority should have been to just make something playable and worry about the other bonus stuff later. This mistake could probably mean the map will never be completed. But that should not be a barrier to him advertising his project (though saying he "needs followers/interest is quite off-putting).

Level 11
@tulee You can't compare Silventria to Haldan's project because Silventria was real, was a campaign in development and was never intended as a means for gaining attention or fame. Plus what indication was there that it was never going to be released??? Where is this indication? I personally tested some stuff for that campaign, yes some thing were unpolished, some things were incomplete but nevertheless there were things being developed, tested, and being made into a coherent project.

Level 23
@tulee You can't compare Silventria to Haldan's project because Silventria was real, was a campaign in development and was never intended as a means for gaining attention or fame. Plus what indication was there that it was never going to be released??? Where is this indication? I personally tested some stuff for that campaign, yes some thing were unpolished, some things were incomplete but nevertheless there were things being developed, tested, and being made into a coherent project.
From the outside, it looked like the entire thread for just for banter/chatting purposes. I admit I only looked at it briefly. Based on what you are describing, my comparison was unfair. I apologise.

Level 6
So, after all this shit, the guy actually released something.
Oops, i hope i did not start the war all over again.

Level 7
Looks fancy dough, when will be the release?
I dont like to set a release date, and thanks to the multiples advices of the users, i think the best i can do is finish a demo, then a playable beta and just there, go updating the game and fixing errors with time to time.
About the demo, im finishing the last details and then i can release it.

Level 2
Hmm... Seems promising. I hope this one will truly be finished, and at last, be unleashed to the people here. And of course, I wish to see that this project doesn't meet the same fate as the old ones that even had been buried by time and oblivion. Good luck to it.

Sincerely,
The Emperor of Humans

Level 12
@ArchDuke You tested the Artevia map for Silventria right(The map where you fight against Count Agneswell [or some similar name] in the mountainous region)?

Last edited:
Level 20
To be honest it has been a long time a project got me this excited,this one stands out...It feels as if its a game on its own,I am also getting a
JRPG-ish feeling,cant wait to get my hands on this one!

Status
Not open for further replies.