• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Guitar Sketches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bleh. I was bored, so I decided to record some of my sketches on the guitar.

Equipment
Recording: Adobe SoundBooth CS3 & a crappy microphone (sorry guys)
Accoustic: Washburn Folk
Electric: BC Rich Junior V (3/4 Body Scale), with through-neck construction, and custom EMG 81/85 pickup setup.
Amplifiers/Effects: DigiTech RP80 with Expression Pedal, Vox Valvetronix 60w solid state/tube combo.

Redemption
A sketch that I have been working on for a few weeks. The intro I made up a year ago, but I could never find something to go with it.
Link

Licking Steel
This title is a play-off of the filename. Download and you'll see. The intro was made a two months ago, the main riff a year ago, and the ending two weeks ago.
Link

Asturias Leyenda
I wrote this one for school. It is based off an old Flamenco song in B Phrygian. Look up Leyenda and you'll see Paco De Lucia play it, then listen to this. (Note, I had to record this song 17 times to get it right, but even then, my fingernails of my picking hand still dug into the strings on the intro and throughout the song my pick was slipping, so I am sorry for the sudden brightness/randomness of notes.)
Link

Last edited:

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I heard "Redemption". It is OK. I don't know the words to properly describe it, but I found the theme to be a little vague. That is not the best word and perhaps a little offensive, like I said, I don't know the best terms.
Or maybe it is just me. I don't usually listen to musics with only a single instrument.

Status
Not open for further replies.