• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Guitar Solo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
any one know any good guitar solos that i can use in my map which is started making about a year ago and have finaly decided to finish. preferably something about 10 seconds long, really cool, has to be solo ie. no singing can have drums and stuff tho and if its well known then it would be good too. atm im using the intro to sweet child of mine but its very long and quite annoying. any ideas?

Level 21
ill download it now :), then ill edit this post to tell you what i think, check this post again in like 30 mins.

EDIT: while that is a good solo i dont think i really fits with the map, its just not right for it.

mabey the one from the start of RHCP - cant stop or the end of dani california just shortened. im going through RHCP song right now lol

think more along the lines of intro songs, this will introduce the map so its gotta fit an introduction.

actually i think i might use the little guitar bit from Franz Ferdinand - Take Me Out... keep posting tho!

Level 36
ew...franz....and thats supposed to be punk. sigh. punk died. a long time ago. in the 90's. it's dead now, no matter how hard people try to say that green day and simple plan and all of the other "punk" bands that are suddenly world famous are punk. they aint. yawn. theres my rant. what dont you like about that pwnage solo? the dani california bit is alright. and can't stop, well thats not really a solo but if it fits your map then go for it... of course I would recommend kissing the shadows by children of bodom (another reason why i have so much respect for ralle, cob are from denmark) but i dont think that would fit either if the queens of the stone age one doesn't...hmmmm smells like teen spirit? what about the main riff from zero (smashing pumkins) or the guitar solo if it fits your needs.

Level 21
OH OH OH OHHHH NOO!!! i got the PERFECT PERFECT SONG!!! Muse - Hysteria, it fits perfect its not long, it never gets old and it cut off really nice! infact any of the muse songs with intros are great for it (plug in baby, bliss, hysteria, the guitar that kicks in about 1 minute into new born, its all great!)

sorry i wasnt really clear, i didnt so much mean solo, but intro. thats why cant stop worked. and mega lol, franz ferdinand is not punk its indie/new wave/light rock stuff :p

Level 21
Here are the files i have made, one is stereo one is mono, personally i think the mono one is better.

EDIT: "The Extension mp3 is not allowed" is there some way i an upload it? they are only 242kb in size.

alos i have found a whole load of other great songs, i think now my problem is not finding a guitar solo, its choosing from the ones ive got lol. how large is an average map? i might put 2 in every map :p nah i wont do that, but i would like to. still i think people would get annoyed with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.