• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[GUI]Help to Quest System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Good night, I'm setting up a golden golds style RPG map, and I'm having a hard time using one of the tools provided by ChatiSnake. It would be the mission system, in which it is multi-user. But I'm having a problem when the other player and I take the missions, and do them, the first player who delivers the mission can complete, however, the other player ends up unable to deliver the mission and not even cancel it.
I will leave attached the trigger used by the ChatiSnake.
Misiones Matar Unidades - Warcraft 3 Maps - Epic War.com

a picture of the delivery trigger

upload_2019-8-1_19-33-29.png
upload_2019-8-1_21-27-59.png

sorry for english, it was for google translator

Last edited:
Level 39
What is Mision_Total for? Mision_Index seems to do what _Total is supposed to do. The last if-block that sets Mision_Index = 0 is what causes the mission to be unable to be turned in by any future players... but this bug will only happen when it's the only mission active when it's turned in. Setting _Index = 0 means that the next time the Integer A loop runs (for P2 trying to turn it in) it will immediately exit because 1 > 0.

Level 4
What is Mision_Total for?
Mission_Total is the maximum of missions the player can take.

The owner of the trigger left some comments, I translated it to English on the right.

I think to solve this problem each player would have to have his own value, as player 1 having taken the mission, his mission_index should be 1, however, since player 2 did not get it, it must be 0.
I realized that after player 1 delivers a mission, mission_player (player number) becomes just 1, so player number 2 can't do anything with the missions.

I had done all my missions using the method in this topic, however I had some problems and I found this quest system to be very simple, by the way, is very similar to what ChatiSnake uses in its rpg maps.
If you have some time, it would be nice to have a look:peasant-grin:

upload_2019-8-2_16-59-25.png

Can't you make this trigger map work for multiplayer? This would save a huge time in map development for many people.

Last edited:
Level 39
I don't see how _Total is being used as a "maximum number of missions"; it isn't checked anywhere that I can see. _Total and _Index look like they do exactly the same thing: count the number of currently active missions. What you have described about needing a different number for each player seems necessary to me, but I think in general the way the missions are stored is not optimal and that would be the first thing to change. There needs to be a separate mission queue for each player, which may require some 'simulated' 2D arrays.

Status
Not open for further replies.