• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

GUI Downloadable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
I was just wondering if you guys would make it possible to download the GUI and import them which are posted on forums?
A guy asked how to download GUI and I thought it would be cool to implement such a feature.

Last edited:
Level 32
I was just wondering if you guys would make it possible to download the GUI and import them which are posted on forums?
A guy asked how to download GUI and I thought it would be cool to implement such a feature.
GUI = Graphical User Interface.

Which GUI are you referring to, the trigger tags?

[TRIGGER="Example"]Example 001
Events
Conditions
Actions
[/TRIGGER]

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Wolverabid, they are obviously refering to the "TRIGGER" tags.

The only way I can invision this being done is if the is some kind of copy button which copys the trigger to clip board that WE can paste it. This however may not be as easy to make as it sounds as the format of copying triggers would have to be investigated properly.

Untill then, people can always post it in the form of JASS as you can always CnP JASS into a blank trigger and it will work.

Level 32
DSG already detailed the problem guys:
... some kind of copy button which copys the trigger to clip board that WE can paste it. This however may not be as easy to make as it sounds as the format of copying triggers would have to be investigated properly.
That's the problem: one can easily copy an entire GUI trigger from the boards as text, but WE won't allow it to be pasted into a map. JASS scripts? No problem!

You could auto-generate demo maps.

Auto-generating pages is on thing, while auto-generating maps is another.

Even with programming, it would be nearly impossible due to the fact that if there is a mistake written in the code, or it is freehand, then it would just not know what to do. Another thing is, is that I don't think, even via coding, you can open Warcraft III WE, paste the code, save it, retrieve the file, then attach it.

And it would eat bites faster than a hungry hippo near a swamp of whatever it likes to eat. :grin:

But good idea, if only it was possible. :sad:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
It is possiable but, like mentioned eariler, would require a large ammount of research into how WC3 copies GUI triggers to clip board. Currently no one has done this and we do not have to time to look into it. If someone makes a system of converting text back to GUI which can be pasted from clipboard, then we may consider using it but until then it will stay like it currently is.

If you hate it so much, simply switch to JASS as you can eassily CnP JASS trigger scripts into your map via clipboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.