• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Guardsman

So I started finishing old models and thought of uploading them. This is the guard from the RoC cinematic where Arthas kills his father. I always wanted to make him as he is in the cinematic as possible and I am satisfied with the results. The animations are from Direfury's Arthas model he erased, don't know why, so credits go to him too. The portrait file is the model without TC cape.
For now this is just a hero model, I will add decay animations when I find time to do it.

Update: Fixed cape in 'attack slam' animations, deleted 'spell slam'.
Keywords:
Lordaeron, Alliance, Human, Guard, Guardsman, King Terenas, Cinematic,
Contents

Guardsman TC (Model)

GuardsmanNonTC cape (Model)

Reviews
12:09, 5th Jun 2016 The_Silent: The cape kinda goes everywhere in the "attack slam" animation, and the "Spell slam" animations looks wonky. When that is fixed everything seems to be in order.
The_Silent
MODERATION Approved Attack Slam animation looks fine now, spell slam is gone. Not quite what I had in mind with the latter, still, fixed I suppose, haha.

M

12:09, 5th Jun 2016
The_Silent:

The cape kinda goes everywhere in the "attack slam" animation, and the "Spell slam" animations looks wonky. When that is fixed everything seems to be in order.

Level 8
Cons: Well, the horns on the side look weird, the bottom of the weapon goes inside his chest during attack animations and goes through his cape during stand animation, and I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to put the sharp part of the weapon on your shoulder (Stand - 2).

Pros: The model overall looks good. Just a few tweaks and it could be a 5/5. I also like the animation (Stand First); it could be very useful for cinematics.

Level 7
The staff clips with the cape during the stand idle animation, and there's a bit of left-elbow clipping with the cape as well. Looks pretty good, though, I'd definitely use it!

Level 8
Looks a bit skinny, maybe could you give it "more body", like widen his arms, legs and chest.
BTW, Great uvmapping.