• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

GStreamer volume control plugin missing

Status
Not open for further replies.
On my Ubuntu I can't change the volume. It's stuck on mute, and when I click on the volume changer thingy I get this:

The volume control did not find any elements and/or devices to control. This means either that you don't have the right GStreamer plug-ins installed, or that you don't have a sound card configured.

You can remove the volume control from the panel by right-clicking the speaker icon on the panel and selecting "Remove From Panel" from the menu.

I already searched in the Synaptic Package Manager for GStreamer and installed a bunch more plugins but none of them seem to be the right one.

Any ideas?

Also, one more question. What's that program called that lets you run windows programs? Not Wine, the other one.

Level 8
Question 1:
Is your alsa module loaded?

try reloading it: sudo /etc/init.d/alsa restart

Question 2:
You mean Crossover Linux?

Personally i run a windows virtual machine in VirtualBox

Status
Not open for further replies.