• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help me Buy new Speakers for my PC!

Which 2.1 Speaker System should I Buy?

• MODECOM LS-21 2.1 SPEAKER SET

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GENIUS SW-S 2.1 200

• GENIUS SW-U2.1 200 USB POWERED SUBWOOFER SPEAKERS

• GENIUS SW-2.1 360 POWERFUL 3-PIECE SPEAKER SYSTEM

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
So yeah everybody it's Christmas and I'm going to buy new speakers for my desktop so I came here to ask for advice.

PER.505451.jpg

Link Here

Description:
The multimedia speakers 2.1 of Modecom are a very good combination of style and performance. It combines high quality sound reproduction and elegant design.
The bass system ensures high-fidelity sound reproduction from any device you play audio files like MP3, MP4, etc.
The Dynamic Bass Subwoofer System enhances the digital music throughout your environment without any distortion.

Manufacturer Code: LS-the 21st.
Speaker Type: 2.1
Color: Black.
Total power (RMS): Speakers 1.5W (x2), subwoofer 3 W.
Frequency response: 20-40 Hz max / min.
Sensitivity: 70 dB.
Type: Retail.
Satellites Dimensions: 70x70x170 mm.
Subwoofer Dimensions: 140x200x140 mm.
Package Contents: 2 speakers, subwoofer, manual.
Warranty: 2 years.

PER.505195.jpg

Link Here

Description:
Enjoy crystal clear sound with new speakers GENIUS SW-S2.1 200 SPEAKERS. Simply connect the speakers to the laptop or desktop computer and enjoy your music and your favorite movies.

Model: SW-S2.1 200.
Maximum performance: six watt RMS, speakers 2x 1.5, subwoofer 1x 3w.
Frequency: 20Hz-20KHz.
Signal to noise Ratio (SNR): > 85dB.
Features: Powerful Bass Performance, Volume Adjustment.
Color: Black.
Dimensions: Woofer: 200 x 125 x 135, speakers: 71 x 135 x 81.
Warranty: 2 years.

PER.570086.jpg

Link Here

Description:
The Genius presents the first subwoofer speaker system is powered via USB. The satellite speakers have a 2.5-inch copper driver in a glossy black surface.
The SW-200 U2.1 has 3inch bass driver in a wood cabinet for deep performance sound. Ideal for PC, notebook and other audio devices with 3.5 mm audio cable.
The big subwoofer volume control is convenient for control. The speaker system 2.1-channel 200 SW-U2.1 is ideal for listening to music and playing games.

RMS (Watts): 6
Satellite (Watts): the 2nd watts x 2
Subwoofer: the 2nd
Driver Unit-Subwoofer: 3 '' 4D
Driver unit-Satellite: 2.5 '' 4 Ohms
Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 80 dB
Warranty: 2 years

PER.570085.jpg

Link Here

Description:
The SW-2.1 360 is an amazing new 3 piece speaker system from Genius. The wooden subwoofer has a 4-inch driver with a reflex port, for outstanding performance with deep bass.
The sleek design of the satellite speakers have a 2.75 inch color coating for clear, detailed mid and high frequency range.
There is volume control and bass on the front of the subwoofer.
The SW-2.1 360 is ideal to listen to music or play games on the desktop or notebook computer.

RMS (Watts): 10
Satellite (Watts): 2.5 watts x two
Subwoofer: on the 5th
Driver Unit-Subwoofer: four '' 6O
Driver unit-Satellite: 2.75 '' 4D
Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 85 dB
Frequency Response: 75 ~ 20K
Warranty: 2 years

If you are an audiophile, buy Equator D8's (only distributed directly from the manufacturer). Best value for money you will ever get. If you want 5 inch speakers, there's also the D5 for that.

Those are professional near-field studio monitors used for mixing. Highly analytical and exceptional stereo wideness.
But be warned: once you got the D8's, you can not listen to music on YouTube anymore as they are crystal clear and do not mask the bad compression. Also note that, as those are actual audio monitors and not just PC speakers you need adapter cables from TRS micro jack to TRS or XLR.

Level 15
If you are an audiophile, buy Equator D8's (only distributed directly from the manufacturer). Best value for money you will ever get. If you want 5 inch speakers, there's also the D5 for that.

Those are professional near-field studio monitors used for mixing. Highly analytical and exceptional stereo wideness.
But be warned: once you got the D8's, you can not listen to music on YouTube anymore as they are crystal clear and do not mask the bad compression. Also note that, as those are actual audio monitors and not just PC speakers you need adapter cables from TRS micro jack to TRS or XLR.

You are aware, his budget is quite limited?

Ever heard of robotic production? Even cheaper! -.-
You seem to think that robots do all the work automaticly. There's engineering involved in the product design, marketing, maintenance of production, programming, supervising, logistics, materials and part cost. The speaker drivers alone cost several dollars already.

You can not produce 2 speakers and a woofer for 20$ without people getting paid way below minimum wage. You just can't.

Level 37
I would not recommend any desktop speakers. I went that route back in the day. When I got my first real 2.0, it was miles better than my Logitech z-5500. I realized anything I had own prior to that was total garbage.

Don't trust the frequency responces, wattage or SNR those speakers claim to have. God knows how they have measured them or if they have at all. 70 dB sensitivity is terrible by the way. The one system surely will not deliver anything at 20 Hz as it claims. None of the systems can deliver even at 40 Hz.

Try to listen to each of them if you can and make a decision.

However my advice is to save money for real speakers and an amplifier. Buy a sub when you can afford it. You could look into buying them used. Or invest in good headphones.

Status
Not open for further replies.