1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The poll for our 11th Music Contest is up! Help us choose the most awesome cinematic tracks by casting a vote!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Melee Mapping contest #3 - Poll is up! Vote for the best 4v4 melee maps!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 30th edition of the Modeling Contest is finally up! The Portable Buildings need your attention, so come along and have a blast!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Aftermath has been revealed for the 19th Terraining Contest! Be sure to check out the Results and see what came out of it.
    Dismiss Notice

Grove of the Ancients V 1.1

Submitted by ipwnnn00bs4life
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
Current Verson: 1.1 Item drops fixed for dragons. Cages and conopy trees added.
Phyisical description: An Ashenvale forest thats plentifull with gold mines. Killing your oppenents is required if you want more space and lumber.
History:Long ago Cenarius used this place to create Ancients to do battle with the Burning Legion. Now you will be able to be on these forsaken lands...beware of the monstrosities that lurk....

Keywords:
Grove,Ancients,Ashenvale,melee,forest,birds
Contents

Grove of the Ancients V 1.1 (Map)

Reviews
14:35, 4th Jul 2009, by Rui: Unequal building room and starting locations. Creeps attack you early game while you're building. 1/5 (Unacceptable) rating and Rejected status. Here's my review.
  1. 14:35, 4th Jul 2009, by Rui:
    Unequal building room and starting locations. Creeps attack you early game while you're building. 1/5 (Unacceptable) rating and Rejected status. Here's my review.

2. ipwnnn00bs4life

ipwnnn00bs4life

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well im gong to bed hopefully my map will still be up by tommarow. Give Contructive Criticisim please :)

3. Septimus

Septimus

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Give a proper description about your map, right now the description was far too lacking to be acceptable.

4. ipwnnn00bs4life

ipwnnn00bs4life

Resources:
    Resources:
    I added the history of the map thank you for telling me this.

5. Septimus

Septimus

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The description is unorganize and still at the same phase, the item drop was too inbalance as creep level 2 could have chances to drop level 8 item, green dragon roost could drop item? (What's the point of setting it to drop item?) and the destructible/doodad type usage could be far better.

Fix the item drop and description. Once you did this, the map should be 3/5 (Useful).

2/5 (Lacking) at this moment.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2009
  6. ipwnnn00bs4life

ipwnnn00bs4life

Resources:
    Resources:
    ok im working on the problems at the moment

{EDIT}
    soooo any comments?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2009
  7. Ironside

Ironside

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Vote for Aproval!

Barathrum's Review (Mini Moderator)

+ The map has a name, author, has a description, is in the right category
    + Terrain is ok
    + The map also has enough gold mines (all players can build a second base)
    + Includes neutral buildings.
    + The drops are ok.
    - There is VERY low space to build bases

The map is good, the only problem is as i said already that there is low space to build a base. That would make a reason that you can't even play the map normaly (i tested it and when i was building my base i ran out of space, and a thunder lizard attacked me, so this is a big -

Vote for aproval
    Rating: 3/5

8. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Rui's review for ipwnnn00bs4life's melee map, "Grove of the Ancients"

Very bad melee map.

First, the creeps attack the players when they're building, and I'll mention right away that the drops are bad, as well as the camps themselves (creep choice). Building room is not equal for everyone.
    Neutral buildings. A hired Thunder Lizard will be trapped at the Mercenary Camp. You placed a Goblin Merchant on top and a Mercenary Camp on the bottom and this is not always fair because the teams will not always occupy just the left spots or just the right ones.

1/5 (Unacceptable) and a vote for [highlight]Rejection[/highlight].