• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Grove of the Legends

Grove of the Legends
Created by CarloImperio

As the legends foretold, these scattered islands are very delicate to travel alone. Approximately, varies of monstrous creatures are inhabiting this area. A portal is secretly hidden and guarded by great warlocks.

Features:

2 Starting Gold Mines (30000)
2 Exp. Gold Mines (Guarded by Satyrs)
2 Goblin Labs at East and West (Guarded by Furblogs)
2 Goblin Merchants (Guarded by Murlocs)
1 Dragon Roost at the Middle (Guarded by Warlocks)

Screenshots

Terrain:

#1:
220526-albums5829-picture61927.jpg

#2:
220526-albums5829-picture61928.jpg

#3:
220526-albums5829-picture61929.jpg

Changelog:
v.1.1
- Added more green camps and other leveling creep camps
- Fixed some terrain and added some of it
v.1.2
-Fixed the Red camp's position
-Added some terrain and doodads

My New map:

Shadowsong's Road - http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/shadowsongs-road-243255/?prev=status%3Dp%26u%3DCarloImperio

Guys please check this out :) Thanks

Keywords:
night elf, Ashenvale, melee, 1v1, 1 v 1, grove, norse mythology, norse, norse myth
Contents

Grove of the Legends (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael Date: 2012/Oct/06 23:15:34 [Please do not send me a message, use Staff Contact] Comment: [Approved] Looks really fresh, not a lot of melee maps with this atmosphere type. The map looks more or less symmetric, one thing I'd like to...

M

Vengeancekael
Date: 2012/Oct/06 23:15:34
[Please do not send me a message, use Staff Contact]

Comment: [Approved]
Looks really fresh, not a lot of melee maps with this atmosphere type.
The map looks more or less symmetric, one thing I'd like to point out though is that it's better if you give creeps random item drops and not specific item drops.
I like the layout of the map, although this is more of a late-game kinda 1v1 map, you can't really harass the enemy player in the beginning and you have to either get zeppelins to get to the enemy or use a teleporter that is behind a few creep camps.
Terraining wise, it looks pretty good, good job. :p

Staff Contact - Rules

Level 18
Tested this
-I liked the doodads, even if sometimes they were messy, or in some parts there were none.

-The terrain is quite good, needs some improvements, for example at the mine spots, the rocky path, the goblin labs , and you should balance out many parts.

-There is not much room to fignt the red creep camp, if you transport there with the zepelin.

-There is some room between trees

-I would fix that furbolg camp position

-Fix item drops please, sometimes they be mediocre, and sometimes too powerful

-near the blue portal, there are only few trees, its easier getting on the enemy side of map (for example with kotg)

-A thing I really liked, was the lab quite near to enemy, so I could harras wit' zepelin

needs some fix, the gameplay looks quite good

Level 3
Man, I had so much fun playing this map !!! Thanks a lot for offering such amazing maps. I just love it xDD !

I was a bit confused at the beginning of the game, because I didn't knew there is kinda labyrinth in there, but after that is was very very ok.

+1 Rep from me :D and keep up the good work !