• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Grievus

General Grievous
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Credit Mc! when using this model in your map.

* How to Import?
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
- Import Grievous.mdx to any path
- Import Textures\Grievus.blp to the Path Textures\Grievus.blp
- DON'T import any other texture!
- Save the map
- Done.

* The Model Causes World Edit to crash!
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
- Don't import textures you are not supposed to

* OK, but now I can't open my map!
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
- Get A mpq editor
- Remove the textures you were not supposed to import
- Also Remove the (attributes) file (you might need another listfile to do this)

* The color of the lightsabers doesn't match the ones of the Movie!
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
If you feel it is so important, or might want to change the lightsaber's color, there is an easy way. Either use Yobgul's
file converter to edit the file in mdl format (text) or a hex editor to manually change the textures:

You would note 4 similar texture paths:

- "ReplaceableTextures\TeamGlow\TeamGlow06.blp"
- "ReplaceableTextures\TeamGlow\TeamGlow00.blp",
- "ReplaceableTextures\TeamGlow\TeamGlow01.blp",
- "ReplaceableTextures\TeamGlow\TeamGlow04.blp"

You can just change the numbers of them to any number from 0 to 11 , they are team colors so 00 will be Red and 1 would
be blue and etcetera.

Keywords:
star wars grievus
Contents

Grievus (Model)

Reviews
» Wolverabid « Date: 1st of November, 2007 Approval status: Approved Rating: (10) Outstanding! Main points: [x] The model is stable and functions properly in Warcraft III. [x] The model displays properly in Warcraft3 Viewer.

M

» Wolverabid «

Date: 1st of November, 2007
Approval status: Approved
Rating: (10) Outstanding!

Main points:
[x] The model is stable and functions properly in Warcraft III.
[x] The model displays properly in Warcraft3 Viewer.

Level 6
much bettr, but anims still need a litle work, but since im never gonna use it i wont put it down. gj

Level 8
the head is the only redeaming feature too this model, the cloak should not be there when hes attacking as it makes him look weird plus on the movie he never had it when he attacked. the head is perfect and looks great but compared to the bodie its really bad, animations or very basic and i would say even thou i cant animate dont work very well, hes a robot but he seems far more stiff than the general g in the movie, in the movie he was alot more agile this guy seems to have trouble walking. we all want 4 arms but 4 arms doesnt apear to be working too well. suggestion: as i said i dont know how to animate but maybe you can take what i say and see what you can do, clone 1 of his arms and create a set of animations for his attack on 1 arm then on the clone do the same animation but change its direction and the same with the other 2 arms so they apear to be working together but not in the same direction. forget the spinning animation its not needed too much and it would create more work than what is needed. all in all you really need to pay attention too the model look and shape before doing the animations because its the bodie that lets it down.

Level 5
It sure does look better now, for the animations I had an idea of what you should base it off:

The Barbarian in Diablo II when holding 2 small axes or something has a really cool stance, it would look pretty good for Grievous and all the attack animation could be based of off a simple stance like that, just an idea but this model is getting alot better.

PS: I think the original lightsaber colours would also look better :)

4/5

Level 4
Well I remember you said you need to create a morph ability, and I have, but when he morphs he brings his other 2 arms out but simply a second later they dissappear... Maybe its the alternate form unit I was thinking, but idk any ideas??

EDIT: Nvm I got it now, and man I love it! Awesome model bud!

Level 2
wanna see me protending to be Grievus ok watch

I am Grievus the mighty light saber master i shall own you all muhahahahaha or can i?

Level 2
very nice

i hate to say this but it sucks last time i downloaded this it crashed the entire map

(it hade all the models i had in it

took me weeks to repaire

please fix this!!
:x :x :x :x

Level 3
I realy think Olofs grievious is much beter because your grievious body looks like it was mad from metal scrap and he has wite armor the onlee thing i think you got right is the head btw soon the new grievious of my brother Olof will come out