• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Green Zone

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.

Information

Changelog

Credits

Map Size: Playable: 152 x 152 Full: 160 x 160
Map Size: Medium
Size Description: Large
Initial Cliff Level: 7
Tileset: Lordaeron Summer

Gold Mine: 4
Shops: 7
Small Green Creeps: 4 Total: 20
Green Creeps: 10 Total: 50
Red Creeps: 20 Total: 100
[20/10/2019] Version 1.00a
- Fixed patch
- Fixed spawn locations
- Fixed creeps
- Fixed item drops
- Reset all things to default
[00/00/0000] Version 1.00b
[00/00/0000] Version 1.00c
Main map created by: AlwaysAndForever

--- MERGE ---

Information

Changelog

Credits

Map Size:
Description: Medium
Playable: 152 x 152
Full: 160 x 160
Tileset: Lordaeron Summer
Gold mines: 4
Shops: 7
Total Creeps: 196
[00/00/0000] Version 1.00a
[00/00/0000] Version 1.00b
[00/00/0000] Version 1.00c
Main map created by: AlwaysAndForever
Previews
Contents

#Melee Map1 (Map)

Green Zone (Map)

Reviews
mafe
Well to be honest this map seems to be not very well thought out. Technical issues/mistakes or generally unusual stuff: -The map uses patch 1.07. It's complicated, but to get it to latest patch, you must do one of the following two things: 1. Remove...

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
Well to be honest this map seems to be not very well thought out.

Technical issues/mistakes or generally unusual stuff:
-The map uses patch 1.07. It's complicated, but to get it to latest patch, you must do one of the following two things:
1. Remove all changes to items, doodads, etc in the object editor and fix anything else that is mentioned in the mousover text of the "melee map: No" in the bottom right of the editor until it say "melee map: yes".
2. Set game date to "Melee (latest Patch)".
-Creeps should be set to camp stance, so that they dont attack players units from far away.
-Barely any tileset variation in most places.
-All creep camps drop exactly the same items. Also the item levels should generally not be random.

Otherwise questionable stuff for a melee map, or just indicating a lack of effort (sorry):
-Green camps completely out of place.
-Very large for a 1v1 map.
-Some creeps have modified levels for no apparent reason.
-Buggy transitions from ramps to cliffs.

So overall, this looks more like an early WIP than a finished map to me. It requires a major overhaul in many aspects. Therefre I'll set it to substandard. If you disagree or have explanation why these issues are ok for you, please contact me.