• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Green cube model despite correct texture path

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 65
Salutations,

A while back I started a project in semi-secret where I was remaking all of the villains and goons from a game that I have a soft spot for and to that end I've begun working on a series of robot models.

I got the base body done no problem, but after I made a size-change to the main model - "Mr. Mechanical" he wouldn't work in the editor anymore.

I tried shrinking him down again, optimizing him with the tool in mdlvis, calculating extents, nothing would work.

Wold one of you be willing to fix the model and point out my missteps? I am thoroughly out of ideas.

I have attached the texture, the broken model, and a fully functional model who uses the same base.

Attachments

• Mr Mechanical.mdx
    85 KB · Views: 56
  • MrMechanicalGoons.blp
    65.3 KB · Views: 66
  • MechManPhysical.mdx
    79 KB · Views: 55
Level 20
I had a look, I'm completely clueless as to why it does not appear ingame. Can't be a texture problem because MechManPhysical works as intended, I don't see anything bizarre with the UV map, I don't get it.

I tried to change the alpha (that 0.5 on some materials made me suspicious, but nothing changed), remove some textures, nothing would work, as if it was missing a texture or something.

Only solution I see is to scrap it and restart from a copy of the working model :/ but that's a shame...

Ah the mysteries of WC3 modelling 8)

Edit: do you see a green cube in the editor? Because all that I have is a shadow, that might not be the same problem.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.