• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Grass model shading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Guys is it possible to make a grass model unshaded in the morning to make it look bright and cartoonish like some cel shading thing but shaded at night? I've tried all I can but I only get the result of having to choose one, either make the model shaded or unshaded in model editor.

Not in the editor. You could possibly do that with animations, but it is a hassle to get just right.

I'm not sure how grass works in reforged, but incase it is not doodads, it might not even be possible.

You would have to have animations for day and night, plus transitions between the two, then use "animate doodads in region" to artificially darken them at night.

Because of the weird way warcraft animations work, you would have to have the "night" and "transition to night" animations be two different animations, as wc3 doodad animations plays as they get into player view.

Status
Not open for further replies.