• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gothic I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
Gothic - Role Playing Map

So. I am searching people who knows the game series Gothic (Not Arcania) made by Piranha Bytes. My idea is to try to create somekind of map with good quality about Gothic I, propably later about Gothic II. If any one is interested in this project just send comment or private message.

So far I am alone with this idea or project but I would like to seek people who knows something (hopefully much) about Gothic I storyline and terrains so we can discuss and create this map together. I am total newbie with triggers so I would be pleased if some one could trigger the map. :)

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

I don't really know anything about Gothic but as far as I've heard, B2M's textures and models were made more or less after gothic I/II. Anyway, if you decrease the textures' sizes you can use a lot of his stuff :)

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

yeah, I had that problem too. In the end I just used his test map where they are all imported but . . . it's over 50 Mb :D

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

There was a Gothic map some years ago, but it was never finished.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmWk5oJJ7R8

And u can see, that u don't need many models to get the Gothic feeling^^

Hmmm, I saw quite a few custom models and textures but nevertheless, I never said he needs the WHOLE B2M pack, I just said that some of them like the walls, textures and houses will help him recreate the feeling of another game. Still, there are plenty of other ways to do it. the only thing that limits us is our imagination.

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
SRPG or ORPG is the map that you have in mind?

Gothic is SRPG so single player ofcourse. And by the way, I have not mentioned yet about the Gothic II, I think it will be Night of Raven but normal gothic knowers are also welcome :)

About previous project. Why did they abandon it? That looks totally amazing, exept the old camp's outer walls are wrong.

Last edited:

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

hmmm, If it's a SPRPG, just download B2M's test map and expand it. That should take care of the environmental part.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

some extra info, the test map is half the size cause there are a lot of textures that repeat a couple of times.

Level 13
This is yet another project of Gothic i see and i hope will not go to waste.
IF you are really thinking about finishing this project then i suggest get some good people in your team.
Also if you need suggestions in your map just ask me or ERYFKRAD,we played The Gothic Series for as long as we know (Mostly the first and second+exp games).
I wish you the best of luck on this project!

Level 8
Just becuase i've played those games in and out I guess i could help. Maybe in terraining and making icons that's what I'm somewhat good at.

Just a hint: I think it could be better than the original if there are no bugs and isn't too hard. I know difficulty is hard to nail but still: Gothic I was very hard.
And of course the control: it shouldn't be exactly like the original:))

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
Gothic I is hard agreed, thought in Gothic I it is very easy to abusive the lacking AI and systems.
Gothic II is in the other hand easy because you have got used to systems and everything in Gothic I already. But if you have Gothic II Night of Raven (like I do) it is so hard and it takes a lot of skill and organizing to get down harder enemies. You can kill Orc Warrior as level 3 but it is pretty much impossible. Also in Night of Raven there is only few bugs and only like one or two of them affects the main game play in any way.

I´ve been thinking and deciced not to make Gothic I. Because some reasons. Instead I would like to ask you guys shall we make Gothic II (Night of Raven) or another map like for example 'Gothic - The Forged Thunder' which would focus on different character, like in the Valley of Mines and telling the story there, what happened after the barrier collapsed. Dragons attacked, sent out scrapers and diggers and called for help. Like actually telling Gothic's story but as another character, or should we still be "I am not interested in your name" guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.