• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Google 411

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Have you guys heard about the new Google 411?? I got an email!

This is great!

If you don't have "On-Star" or a GPS system, fear not! Here's something that we can all afford....y'know...FREE!

Google 411

Just leave it up to Google to come up with something like this!!!

Here's a number worth putting in your cell phone, or your home phone speed dial: 1-800-goog411. This is an awesome service from Google, and it's free -- great when you are on the road.

Don't waste your money on information calls and don't waste your time manually dialing the number. I am driving along in my car and I need to call the golf course and I don't know the number. I hit the speed dial for information that I have programmed.

The voice at the other end says, "City & State." I say, " Garland , Texas ." He says, "Business, Name or Type of Service." I say, Firewheel Golf Course." He says, "Connecting" and Firewheel answers the phone. How great is that? This is nationwide and it is absolutely free!

Click on the link below and watch the short clip for a quick demonstration.

1-800-GOOG-411: Find and connect with local businesses for free from your phone.

Level 5
Alright now chill this is the best thing to ever happen however microsoft is gonna be just fine with bill gates as their "leader" after all he did invent practically the first computer

You are funny...

Look what position Microsoft got just because everybody is using windows...
If EVERYBODY uses google FOR EVERYTHING someday NO other company will have ANY chance to compete with google...

At the moment, Microsoft almost has a monopoly. If it becomes Microsoft vs Google then you'd get competition. Which is good.

Level 21
1. Free???? I can't belive this... that would be just stupid...
Well then they've done quite some stupid things... free youtube, free google docs, spreadsheets, gmail; etc.

You are funny...

Look what position Microsoft got just because everybody is using windows...
If EVERYBODY uses google FOR EVERYTHING someday NO other company will have ANY chance to compete with google...

Except that microsoft bugs, google doesn't. I mean, it's like comparing EA games with blizzard. Competition is only good if both parties have "something better" to offer. If google offers the best, is there any need for competition? If someone else has something better to offer, there'll always be competition. A good example is IE vs Firefox vs Google chrome: they're all free and all competiting.

Besides, the whole concept of google 411 seems quite revolutionary: someone has to be the first one before you can ever speak of competition, you know...

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for Goos - the google operating system ;)
(Not that I've ever heard of it, I just hope they'll make an OS :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.