1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest. The contest is optionally paired. Best of luck, people!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Golem Wars v2.0c FINAL

Submitted by scourge069
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.

GOLEM WARS
by: scourge069

MAP INFO:

At the start of the game, each player has to choose a unique hero which they can customize and use all throughout the game.

The game consists of 2 opposing teams, and every player is to choose which team to take part with.

The 2 teams have to battle for the possession of the Golden Sword which is given to the player who can slay the Gold Golem.

The Golden Sword is required to defeat your opposing team's Boss Golem which is basically the objective of the game.

If the hero that has obtained the Golden Sword happens to die or the 7 minutes allotted time expires, the Gold Golem will be revived at the same spot it was first spawned and the Golden Sword will be removed from the last hero who obtained it.

The game consists of (11, 15, 21, 25) rounds and each team needs to win (6, 8, 11, 13) rounds in order to triumph.

FEATURES:

*Heroes - This map features custom heroes and spells.
*Systems - This map also features cool systems that can be downloaded here in hiveworkshop.

GAMEPLAY SCREENSHOTS:

Gameplay Screenshots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Change Log:

Change log

version 2.0c
- Added 1 new hero.
- Improved items Hood of Cunning and Dragon's Incisor.
- Utilized more of the maps unused space.
- Added more neutral creep camps and Level 1 Spiderlings at Team Bases.
version 1.5c
- Added 3 new heroes.
- Added 3 new items.
- Now, Sea Turtles has a 50% chance to drop Runes upon death that can aid the heroes to hasten their farming.
- Fixed in-game bugs.
- Lots of hero and unit stats balancing.
version 1.4c
- Added new game command /rounds NN.
- Added some more neutral creep camps.
- Fixed minor bugs.
- Did some spell, item and hero balancing.
version 1.3c
- Added new items Ring of the Magi and Blood Crest.
- Added 2 new heroes, Admiral and Soul Reaper.
- Improved spells of Beast Lord.
version 1.2b
- Added new items Hood of Cunning, Shield of Courage and a New Item Shop.
- Some minor spell balancing and remakes.
- Added a new simple killing streak system.
- Modified the golems.
- Items can no longer be picked up by players who does not own them.
- Fixed some spell and item tooltips.
- Now 90 seconds preparation time.
- Dagger of Escape is muted for seconds while the hero is in combat.

Credits:

If ever I used your stuff and forgot to include you in the Credits, please inform me...

Models

Captain_Jack, WILL THE ALMIGHTY, Infrisios, JetFangInferno, Mc !, Pyritie, Frankster, Skizzik, Daelin, Suselishe, PrMosquito, -Grendel, Miseracord, sPy, Vestras, BurninRose, Callahan, Amdor, Power, HappyTauren.

Systems

JeffQ's Chain System, GUI Knockback System [Paladon], Weep's GUI-Friendly Damage Detection System

Icons

PeeKay, SkriK, Sundance, CRAZYRUSSIAN, KelThuzad, Darkfang, Mc !, Elainiel, Gwen Stefani, Paladon, IamtheRper.

Skins

Shockwave, Black_Stan, Hueter.

Keywords:
Golem Wars, Golem, Wars, War, Warcraft, Rakion
Contents

Golem Wars v2.0c FINAL (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael - [Contact] Date: 2012/Aug/23 15:41:50 Comment: [Approved] While Kobas has noted that the map's terrain is not acceptable, it's not dramatic, the outer terrain (the beach) looks good, except for the team bases, which is mostly...
  1. scourge069

scourge069

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    , ok BOSS thank you ..:D

2. -Kobas-

-Kobas-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Map is nice, heroes and items are acceptable, but terrain isn't, you must improve terrain to get this approved.

3. w3.player

w3.player

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I have to ask... did you inspire yourself from Rakion:Chaos Force?
    The concept of the map is exactly like the golem wars in that game so...

Just asking, nice map anyway. You have my vote. *smile*

4. copsychus

copsychus

Resources:
    Resources:
    Too bad, i think it's a golem revelation [same in starcraft] . . . hopeless

5. scourge069

scourge069

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    yes it's inspired by that online game since I used to play that before, and thanks man ..

6. scourge069

scourge069

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    , whats that golem revelation ?? I know nothing about that mate ..

7. Ken-E

Ken-E

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Congratulations on the approval mate, hope this would motivate you to make the map better!

8. w3.player

w3.player

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    True... improvements are always welcome.

By the way, have you ever thought about adding some sort of random event once in a while? I don't know what exactly but... let's say every 5 rounds something random happens... like some global buff or creep spawning i don't know. It would bring more diversity to the gameplay...

9. scourge069

scourge069

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    , thanks man ..:D
    this approval definitely will ..

10. scourge069

scourge069

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'll try that ..:D Thanks

11. copsychus

copsychus

Resources:
    Resources:
    it's similar to team micro arena x, you can try it in starcraft: brood war [mapname: golem revelation]

because there are rarely chance of people to use Golem as the mapname, so i just imagination by myself.

However, i apologize about that.

12. Dess_26

Dess_26

Resources:
    Resources:
    Great map, i love it. I played it few times and really liked it. But there's a problem, at least from my point of view... There are few neutral mobs and only one player from my team could farm them. I bet this happened in the other team too. So the rest of us just jumped in the battle from level 1. It was a bit weird to see so many level 1 heroes battle-ing without a single creep among them. So I think some mobs (let's say 3) appearing in every base at every 60 seconds (or another timing) and going to the enemy base will definitely change the map.

From me 5/5. I love it. Great job for this map!

13. scourge069

scourge069

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    , I will add more spawning areas for neutral creeps soon sir ..Thanks :D

14. xDChiiz

xDChiiz

Resources:
    Resources:
    <3 rakion in warcraft!

15. Fusion.Ashmedai

Fusion.Ashmedai

Resources:
    Resources:
    I tested it with a friend, just two of us since the rest were AWOL. Gameplay is fun but alittle slow and quite boring due to lack of creep camps and whatnot. I played Rakion too ages ago and even though this is an attempt to port the game, it doesn't quite work, rather it's missing something warcraft-ish... get what Im sayin? Maybe add more creep camps, portal shortcuts since distances are waaay too far, you spend alot of time just walking to the destination, more interactivity in the game like in Rakion, there were those portals and a bridge on top, maybe you can add more ways to get to the boss or some kind of a cliff on top where ranged heroes can fire out off. Maybe some creeps in the gold golem area would work or pets, summons like those annoying spiders. Also the bases were pretty pointless honestly, both teams know where the golem spawns and usually taking the direct route is the best option. Maybe seperate the rooms inside a base connected by bridges or portals, essential chokepoints that can offer more strategies. Overall a pretty decent game. GJ man

16. iChaos

iChaos

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice to see this approved :p

EDIT : I can still see that you don't have your storyline yet (Which is not very needed) and you still didn't use the whole map... Maybe you can add some more 'islands' that has forests and creep camps so that when in full house game EXP will not be scarce. Also add the forests some entrance so that some heroes can play with the fog of war, like small openings so that when they are chased they can go through that opening and do some combos or ask for help from a team mate.

Also man, some heroes are OP, try to do some balancing. And the map is unprotected woooo~ (I can learn from this MUWAHAHA)

17. w3.player

w3.player

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm thinking that adding more islands would be a good idea... but that could also be used for let's say... "2 different battlegrouds", letting the host choose the island on which the 'Golem wars' can take place, of course, each "battleground" having it's own characteristics.

18. scourge069

scourge069

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    thank you all for the suggestions, I'm taking this up little by little since I'm quite busy at school too :D, I'll first try to improve the terrain as much as I can ..and I'll be uploading the updated version any time today ..

19. scourge069

scourge069

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    UPDATED v1.2b ..:D

20. iChaos

iChaos

Resources:
    Resources:
    OH YEA. I wish you can add simple AI :D