• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Golem ambush with birth animation

Level 6
Hi there,

I can't figure out how to make this working. Golem should be laying on the ground like a doodad and when player come near it should awake playing birth animation. Problem is I can't change it ownership from neutral passive to hostile via trigger, and I can't remove loctus ability from it. Does anyone has an idea how to make this work?

Level 39
Golem should be laying on the ground like a doodad and when player come near it should awake playing birth animation. Problem is ... I can't remove loctus ability from it. Does anyone has an idea how to make this work?
Two golems, one with locust one without. The one without gets Hidden by a trigger, then at the right time remove the first locust golem and unhide the second. Should be seamless as long as you make them in the same spot with a trigger and pause them at the same point of their animation. I would do this to make them:
  • Set TP = (Center of GolemSpawn <gen>)
  • Set FACE = 196.00
  • Unit - Create 1 GOLEM for (Neutral Hostile) at TP facing FACE degrees
  • Set G1 = (Last created unit)
  • Unit - Add Locust to G1 //has to happen here so the second one doesn't collide
  • -------- --------
  • Unit - Create 1 GOLEM for (Neutral Hostile) at TP facing FACE degrees
  • Set G2 = (Last created unit)
  • -------- --------
  • Animation - Play G1's Birth animation
  • Animation - Play G2's Birth animation
  • Animation - Change G1's animation speed to 0% of its original speed
  • Animation - Change G2's animation speed to 0% of its original speed
  • Unit - Pause G1
  • Unit - Pause G2
  • Unit - Hide G2
  • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TP)
  • Unit - Remove G1
  • Unit - Unhide G2
  • Unit - Unpause G2
  • Animation - Change G2's animation speed to 100% of its original speed //I think it should resume playing the birth animation here, but if not you may need to order it again