• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unwanted Birth Animations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
[Solved]
For those that are reading this because you googled it and had a similar problem;

The animations could be called using JASS code without the unwanted birth animations;

call SetUnitAnimationByIndex(udg_Unit_Animation, 2)

where udg_Unit_Animation is a variable set on casting and 2 being the animation that was desired, this prevented the morphing birth animation described below.

____________________________________________________________________________________

A Warcraft classic, opening and closing gates.

I am using Induwer's models from the link below, but find that when I morph the unit, (bear / robo goblin etc) that the pathing change is good, however, the unit disappears then reappears from under the ground before playing the required animation.

I could not call the animations using triggers, but using the required animation fields added the words "morph stand alternate" in the object editor gave the above bug.

Interestingly, replacing the unit with its open / closed counterpart sometimes caused this to happen as well.

Has anyone else experienced this, else I will have to go with Mashintao's tutorial below. Although, if i can get the model to work correctly I feel it is a more elegant solution.

Thanks.

(Human Stonewalls) Model
(How to Make Buildable Gates) Tutorial

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.