• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

GoldenRam's Models and WIPs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I just thought I would post some of my work since not many have seen what I can do with Blender.
:sad:

(A few of those helms are intended for WCIII the low poly ones that is)

Attachments

• Iron_Helm_02.jpg
    Iron_Helm_02.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 85
  • Iron_Helm_03.jpg
    Iron_Helm_03.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 69
  • Iron_Helm_04.jpg
    Iron_Helm_04.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 99
  • Iron_Helm_05.jpg
    Iron_Helm_05.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 76
  • Iron_Helm_01.jpg
    Iron_Helm_01.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 151
  • Helm_04.jpg
    Helm_04.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 100
  • Helm_03.jpg
    Helm_03.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 63
  • Helm_02.jpg
    Helm_02.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 86
  • Helm_01.jpg
    Helm_01.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 89
  • Iron_Helm_06.jpg
    Iron_Helm_06.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 113
  • Katarn.jpg
    Katarn.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 88
  • Staff.jpg
    Staff.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 87
  • Gladiator_Skirt.jpg
    Gladiator_Skirt.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 108
  • Wings.jpg
    Wings.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 83
  • Tower.jpg
    Tower.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 119
  • Arboreu.jpg
    Arboreu.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 86
  • Cerberus.jpg
    Cerberus.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 115
Level 5
@Fl4mes : Thanks! It is nice to hear someone with positive feedback for once.

@BlazingInferno : You are correct, currently blender does not possess extraction scripts for Mdls or mdxs, but 3ds max does. I can save these files in 3ds format, send them to someone with 3ds max, and they can finish them off by extracting with the right scripts. I have already requested Olaf Moleman to help me with this if he had time, and I recieved a rather grumpy reply ranting about stupid requestors and how he only does his own work... I can respect that... Yet I do not understand why a great freeware program like blender has not had scripts made for mdx/mdl extracting.

And you are right about the katana, Kadaj is the sh** :)

Level 5
@Operator : Thanks! :)
@Anyone : It would be cool to find someone who would help me out with my blender issue (no extraction scripts)

Level 5
Yep, and I figured out why his cerberus is so awesome : sculpting of the mesh. A new feature in blender! CHECK THIS OUT before and after :)
(left side is after)

Attachments

• Cerberus Sculpted.jpg
    Cerberus Sculpted.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 145
Level 1
Thought I'd be helpful, since no-one so far has mentioned you can use gmax to export the models, which supports the script. Downside you have to copy the output it creates in chunks of 10000 chars from the script log, since it doesn't support export plugins, but you'll get used it. Totally free, download it from www.turbosquid.com or google gmax. check the TS forums if you have problems registering it, since it often won't send the activation e-mail.

Level 5
I will check G-max out when I have the time thx. If you read the above posts, I can put these models ingame using someone's help. If they have 3ds max that is...

Level 1
I myself have Max 7 (although I use it primarily for rendering), but I actually use G-Max to texture to export the models with, since my exporter plugin doesn't seem to work to well with Max.

Level 5
Max costs around $300... So I resort to blender. Cannot find G-max... a direct link would be nice, school internet keeps on blocking things.

Level 45
here you go:
Gmax
Is a free untrialed version of 3dstudiomax excluding the various material and texture options this is a great choice if ya dont wanna spend $3000 for 3dstudio max, a registration code is required, read below.
could not be found
Rumours say that it can nolonger be dled and i could not find the gmax dl page from turbo squid
FOUND! ZOMG! Thanks to Morrowind1357!!!!!
--------
I've found a site still hosting Gmax as a free download, Grab it quick i suggest. Also here is turbosquid's link

http://www.click-now.net/downloads05.htm <its not spam or virus dont worry, go down to Gmax.

http://files2.turbosquid.com/Product...3US/gmax12.exe <for direct download or

http://www.turbosquid.com/gmax <scroll down the page a little and voila, there it is for download. Note that to get a working Registration code, you must sign up on their site and go to the Gmax section of the forums, then go into the subforum 'Installing/Configuration'. Then go into the topic 'Registration not working or code not arrived'. Then follow the instructions and it should send you a code for Gmax. Enjoy.

Hope this helps!
Gmax Modeling pack
The gmax Modeling Pack is a collection of tools used for modeling with gmax. It also comes with a tutorial on using all the tools and their relevance with each other. Compiled by oz02.
http://www.wc3sear.ch/files/downloads.php?ID=29&l=6

Level 5
Aghh!! Thanks Werewulf, but this damn school internet blocks anything that it deems evil... Luckily the hive is not evil :) Will go to public library for DL this weekend, thx for the help :)
*Edit*
I have g-max, but now I have no idea what to do with it...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.