• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Mdls & Wips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here, in this not very l33t thread (im bad modeler IMO) i will show you off my models, and wips on some.

Hero F00tie.jpg
A f00tman hero. Took me 30 hours to polish him and i still didnt do it well :p anyway, uses ingame textures, has full hero animset, and few spell animations. Got 444 polies.
Downloadable here.

Attachments

• Hero F00tie.mdx
    127.7 KB · Views: 106

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

I don't like the mixing of all the different animation sets, they all just don't fit together. Also, the starting positions of some of the animations are completely different from others, which will make it look silly always moving about in-game.

The model itself seems good for Warcraft though, I like the use of the gluescreen texture.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Well, you should probably only delete the attack slam from the blademaster, and the spell slam (which really makes no sense.) I suppose the rest are fine.

And yes, the particles on the spin animation are pretty cool, keep trying new things with particles and see what you can come up with.

On a sidenote, I'd add teamglow to his sword as well, that's the usual trend with WCIII heroes.

hey chriz, how do i make geosets bilboard? i tried by creating new bone, attaching whole geoset to it, anc checking "bilboarded" field... but it didnt work... i do everything in oinkerwinkle's toolset and magos, so im preety sure it CAN be done in magos, but i dont know HOW...'

EDIT: Wip on my Fiery Infernal

to do:
1. add a portrait plane and anim
2. fix uvmap (yaa lazyness)
3. maybe replace particles with some kewler ones

Attachments

• Fiery Infernal.jpg
    Fiery Infernal.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 106
Status
Not open for further replies.